Thursday, April 25, 2013

What is the cheapest non-dirty hotel within driving distance to Disneyland?

Q. I am planning a one day trip to Disneyland and I would like to find the cheapest hotel that is within a 30 minute or so drive to the park. If the hotel is gross and dirty I wouldnt be interested in it. I am looking to only spend $50 or less for the one night. I am coming from San Francisco so it would be preferred if the hotel were north of Disneyland. Thanks!

A. Come on Kim, coming from SF you should know better. There aren't any hotels here for that price that aren't nests for roaches, dirt, and bedbugs. Price for an average hotel is $100. And since 30 minutes only gets you about 10 miles in LA traffic, that narrow an impossible task even further. Let me ask you this: Could you do the same for me if I wanted to stay within 30 minutes of downtown SF for under $50?

If you must, then try the "America's Best Value Inn" on Beach Blvd near I-5. Cheap, nothing fancy, and about a 10 minute drive from Disneyland.

How should I get from SFO to the Golden Gate Bridge?
Q. I've never been to the Bay Area before. And I want to take really good pictures of the Golden Gate Bridge and all its glory.

I'm kind of in an inconvenient situation, though. I'll be staying at a cheap hotel near the San Francisco Airport. So transportation will be a hasstle.

Which BART stations should I get on/get off at if I want to see the Golden Gate Bridge?

What other transportation options are there?

A. From SFO take BART( $7.30) to Daly City, take free transfer before exit station, then Board Muni #28 to Golden Gate Bridge( 40min).

What is the cheapest way to get from the san jose airport to san francisco?
Q. I am flying into San Jose next week with my boyfriend and we are trying to figure out the cheapest way to get to our hotel in San Francisco
Any ideas?

A. You can take the free VTA airport flyer to Santa Clara Caltrain, then you can catch the train all the way to SF. I dont know where your hotel is in SF, so you might need to take Muni again. You can check 511.org and it will help you plan your transit route.

The caltrain trip will cost about 8.50 and muni is 2.00 per ride.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment