Monday, April 29, 2013

What are some of the cheapest islands to travel to?

Q. I'm just wondering about islands that are cheap to travel to. Mostly I'm just wondering about cheap hotels, cheap food, etc. Of course, I'd like it to be a safe island too.

A. Mallorca - for european citizens
Bahamas for US citizens

Can you find hotels cheap in the Dominican Republic?
Q. I am going to the Dominican Republic in a few weeks to La Romana but when I search online for hotels the cheapest is like 90 dollars. I am wondering if when I get there will I be able to find hotels, like away from tourist areas, for cheaper? Like around 60 US dollars?

A. Hi Locobree,
In La Romana, just behind the Police Headquarters, you will find a very decent hotel (B.B.) for less than 60 us per night!! And I use it every time I go to La Romana. Sorry I forgot the name but just ask once you are there (Police Station) and it is about 350 m from the station.
Don´t believe all the non-sens some people answer you....

What is cheaper, travel agency, travel sites, or booking everything yourself?
Q. Is AAA travel, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, or going directly to the airlines and hotels cheaper?
Me and my friend are going to London for 10 days!! Just to travel around London.

A. Depends on what you need.

If you are getting a flight from point A to point B, staying in a hotel for a while then returning, you can do just fine all by yourself. You could check 20 websites for airfares and hotel costs, and you may find some slightly lower prices on some of them for some part of that trip. If you want to take a lot of time, you may end up saving a small percentage.

I have done a lot of travel around the US and find that booking most things myself works out quite well, but I am also not willing to spend 5 hours looking at different sites in order to save $20 on a plane ticket.

If you are planning a long, complicated trip with multiple stops and multiple hotels, and want to include attractions and events, then a travel agent may be worth it. I have used AAA travel folks a few times and they have been helpful.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment