Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Any places in Boston where i can temporarily leave my cat while moving?

Q. I'm planning moving to Boston but I can't have my cat with me while moving(hotel policies), I wanted to know if there are any good places in Boston where I can leave my cat for from 2 weeks to a month(while selecting a house, moving in etc.).
I'm also considering staying at a hotel that allows pets but I'm not familiar with them, are pet friendly hotels much different from regular hotels?

A. Pet-friendly hotels are hotels that allow pets. There is an extra charge for a pet.
If the pet is a dog, you cannot leave it alone in the room, but that might not be the case if the pet is a cat.

Vets will board cats.
And there are non-vet boarding places too. Some of them think you must want to spend a lot of money on your cat, as they are expensive and quite "chichi". Where I live (not in Boston) we have both reasonably priced places and expensive places to board your cat.
Google is your best friend.
This is the first one that came up when I googled "cat boarding Boston"
http://www.chezmieuxcatkennel.com/

Anyone know of any hotels in Chicago where I can bring my pit bull?
Q. I have to go to my grandpa's funeral in Chicago early Wednesday morning and need a pet friendly hotel that allows pit bulls. Mine is a 7 month old pup, about 40 lbs and I have been looking and every place I call says they do not allow pits. I would board her but I really do not want to leave her stuck in a kennel at the vets office for 7 days.

A. La Quinta Inns are pet-friendly, usually for dogs up to 50 pounds, though according to their website you have to contact the individual hotel to discuss breed restrictions.

Honestly, though, boarding her at either the vet or a boarding facility might be best. You'll undoubtedly be spending a lot of time with family, maybe eating out, going to the services, etc., and your dog might not like being left all alone in the hotel room. At least at a boarding facility she'd be around other people and animals.

How to drive 2 cats cross country?
Q. Hi, I'm going from the west coast to the east coast with our two adult cats. Any tips on managing the
crying
litter box
pet-friendly hotels
etc???

We are taking them in a 4dr sedan, planning about 7 days to make the drive. Any advice or warnings is appreciated! Thanks!

A. I took the same trip but with a cat and a dog. Las Vegas to Maryland. Let me tell you it wasn't easy! But put the little box in a box so they won't get the litter on the floor or seats. If possible put the litter box in the trunk and fold down one of the back seats so they can have some privacy and that the smell doesn't knock you out. I've notice with the cat I have right now he loves to ride BUT wants to be in my lap. Sometimes I have to confine him to his pet carrier.

Check with the pet stores, they have a water bottle (it looks like its for a rabbit) but its for cats and dogs, that way you won't have to worry about spilling the water everywhere.

As far as hotels, its easier with a cat then it is with a dog. I would look towards Motels rather than Hotels or Hotels that room doors are outside. That way if you have to sneak them in no one will see you.

Hope this helps! Have a safe trip!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment