Tuesday, April 30, 2013

What could a hotel staff member do to impress you?

Q. I work at a hotel and I'm trying to think of creative ways to impress guests.

If you were staying at a hotel, what would impress you or make you say WOW, i never would have expected that!

Or just about anything that you'd wish a hotel would do for you to anticipate your arrival.

A. Simple, normal expected things would impress me... not the fresh flowers, fruit, wine , cheese and sweets you find in luxury places. A desk clerk that is neat, professionally dressed, and greets you with a smile and perhaps offers you a mini map of the city if you are a new visitor. I am impressed with a desk clerk who greets me by name. I am always impressed with a desk clerk who explains where my room is and even draws a rough map instead of giving me a key and letting me fend for myself. I am impressed by a desk clerk who takes the time to answer my questions whether they are about a nearby restaurant or something similar. Although I am able to carry my bags, it is always nice to have someone offer to do that if I need help. I am impressed with neat and clean hallways and common areas. I am impressed with a spotless, quiet room that does not smell of smoke. In the room, it is always good to have a map of the area, a list of all the nearby restaurants and scenic attractions with their addresses and hours. If the room has a little coffee maker, a tiny ice box and a microwave and even an iron and ironing board, I am thrilled, but obviously these are expensive items to put in every room. Although little shampoos and lotions are nice, they are not a necessity. A spotless bathroom and bedroom are. Sometimes, it is great to go into the hotel common area and relax over free cup of coffee or tea in the morning. Having a desk clerk ask me when I come down the next morning or I am going out that night whether my room was OK and if there was anything more I needed pampers me a lot and is appreciated. In all, the desk clerk to a great extent, determines whether or not I am impressed with the hotel. Have stayed in some simple hotels and have been pleased and have stayed in some plus hotels and have not wanted to return. A new hotel patron can come back time after time or recommend the hotel to others if it is a pleasant place to stay. My comments would be to make my stay similar to that of a special friend of yours staying for a day or two, not a stranger who is handed a key and someone at the front desk points him toward his room all the time chatting on the phone with a friend.

What is the best hotel for a nights stay with family at Srisailam - Andhra Pradesh?
Q. Am looking at a hotel which is of good quality and rating. Understand Punnami is not available. What are the other hotels?

A. Yes, at a hotel just is of good quality and rating. Being good quality and rating's simply reality

What is the best hotel on the plaza in Kansas City?
Q. I am planning a hotel to KC and I want to stay on the plaza. I need to find the best hotel on the plaza.

A. There are many terrific hotels on the Plaza, however, if I were you, I would check out The Raphael. It is on Ward Parkway on the Plaza and features world-class amenities. It's a wonderful place and where I would want to stay on the Plaza!

A review I found says:
"Voted one of the World*s Best Places to Stay by Conde Nast*s Traveler, this one of a kind boutique hotel is patterned after Europe*s finest small hotels. The Raphael is designed to offer a uniquely Kansas City experience, combining the intimacy and charm of a locally significant landmark with highly individualized service. Originally constructed in 1927 as the Villa Serena Apartments, the building was transformed into the Raphael Hotel in 1975 following a renovation that faithfully preserved historically significant features while providing for the needs of contemporary travelers. The hotel features 88 suites and 35 guest rooms furnished in traditional styles. Amenities include room service, valet service, personal refrigerators with refreshment cabinets, two telephones, complimentary high-speed Internet, coffee makers, remote control cable television, granite sinks and vanities and state-of-the-art safes..."

Hope this helps! Best wishes!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment