Sunday, April 14, 2013

Do you need to own a car to belong to AAA?

Q. I don't own a car, but would like to join Triple A to take advantage of their hotel discounts. Does anyone know if you have to own a car to join?

A. No. AAA is only a travel club membership and, among other things, also provides roadside service to members. If a member calls for roadside assistance, they don't even have to be the owner of driver of the car.

AAA automobile insurance is a separate and different thing, entirely.

Note to "fitzpimling": Did you imagine that if I flew, from San Fancisco to Miami, that AAA wouldn't let me have the hotel discount, simply because I didn't drive there? Didn't you know that I could get AAA discounts for flights and ocean cruises? Or for a scenic train ride through the Sierra Nevada Mountains?

Do you feel you are getting your money's worth being a AAA member?
Q. I am considering joining up, as I'll be going on a long trip this summer. I thought it would be a good idea, because even if you never break down, you get hotel discounts. Any comments?
Thanks everyone for your answers. Sounds like a pretty favorable response.
To the first answerer, sorry, but right now I get NO discount, so I don't know what you mean.

A. You also get a monthly magazine that's good to read on the crapper.

How Often Can I use my marriott employee hotel discount?
Q. I'm currently a NEW part-time employee at the Courtyard Marriott and I wanted to use my associate hotel discount rate every single weekend for the next year... Is that possible?

Front Desk Employee...

At a different location but only on the weekends?

How would I do this, would I have to notify my manager that I am staying at a different hotel every weekend...

Could I lose my job if I abuse this privilege?

Would I just book a room my self for that certain location on the weekend.

Thanks!

A. when in doubt, refer to your HR manual or ask your manager!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment