Does the ferry from Hyannis to Nantucket run in January?

Q. Also, can I leave my car where I get the ferry overnight and stay at a hotel in Nantucket?

A. The ferry runs year round, weather permitting. It's not just there fro the convenience of tourists; many people on Nantucket do their grocery shopping in Hyannis. Going to the registry means going into Yarmouth-the ferries are a lifeline. Paid parking is available at the Ocean St. lot. You needn't return the same day.

How safe is Nantucket in terms of car theft and/or vandalism?
Q. I'll be visiting Nantucket in the fall, and I've just found out that the hotel I'm staying at doesn't offer parking. I'll have to leave my car on the street for a week, which I'm not crazy about.

A. I'd leave my keys in it, windows down with my laptop in the back seat. There is virtually no crime on the islands or the Cape

Looking for itinerary and tips for travel to Cape Cod area?
Q. Hi. My mom and I are planning a trip to the Cape Cod/Martha's Vineyard/Nantucket area. Can anyone suggest some things for our itinerary, sights to see and places to stay? Thanks so much!

A. I'm not too knowledgeable about Nantucket (except that it is very expensive to visit) but I know about Martha's Vineyard and have been there numerous times.
Oak Bluffs is a fun town to visit on MV, there are lots of shops and restaurants and a nice beach. I have stayed at the Wesley Hotel a couple of times. It's an old updated hotel right on the harbor just steps from everything:
http://www.wesleyhotel.com/

Edgartown on MV is almost the same as Oak Bluffs except it is a little more classier. Beautiful harbor with more upscale shops and restaurants. I've stayed at the Clarion Hotel which is only about a 5-10 minute walk from the center of town and is very nice:
http://www.clarionmv.com/

Vineyard Haven is the other big town with lots of shopping and food. I've never stayed there but have visited frequently.

Here is a good website for looking at other things to do on Martha's Vineyard:
http://www.mvy.com/

The only other suggestion I have is, if you want to save lots of money and aggravation with crowds, go in the off-season which is what I do.
Have fun and good luck!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Comments

Popular Posts