Thursday, March 28, 2013

How does Marriott verify employees for the discount rate?

Q. I know when you work for Marriott, they give you an employee card in which you can use to get discounted rates at hotels....How does that hotel verify you really are an employee though? Do they actually call the hotel on the card to see if you work there? or what do they do?

I ask becuase I have my employee card still from when I worked for Marriott, but I no longer work there. I am curious if I could still get away with using it

A. No it would not work, as they have to swipe the card on their system, and it would come up as expired.

Websites that offer discount hotel rates?
Q. I am planning a trip to NYC the week before Christmas. It is a Christmas present for my parents and sister (Which of course I will tag along :) They have always wanted to go during Christmas time.

I am aware of Priceline and Expedia. Are there any other websites that offer discount rates for hotels? Some of those rates are huge! Thanks in advance

A. cheaptickets.com
hotels.com
both offer discounts on hotels/motels
You can also try AAA if your a member

Can a company discriminate against age when advertising or offering special promotions?
Q. To be specific, timeshares or condominiums. They offer vacation packages near Disney World including large discounted rates at hotels nearby and free tickets to a choice of theme parks. However, they qualify you by verifying that you are over the age of 25- or the discounts and handouts are not available. Is this legal practice? What are the consequences of both sides? Thank you!

A. Sure they can. Some companies give discounts to seniors like Insurance Companies and banks.

Look at Holiday Inn.....kids under 12 stay free.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment