Sunday, March 31, 2013

What should I do next weekend in NYC?

Q. I don't want to do TOURIST things. I want to go somewhere cool like the Knitting Factory or a super cool bar that plays Punk Rock music or a club w/ many rooms/atmospheres w/ LOUD booming Electric SOUNDS. Something in the village would be cool, but not a gay bar. I want to stay at a hotel in NYC for the weekend and go to bars, clubs, lounges, maybe a museum and some Central Park events if there is something cool going on. Anyone have any good ideas. New Yorkers, please help. I know you locals know of lots of good things to do. I'm not a tourist. I have an old TIME OUT NYC, but it's not helping. I live just across the water, but I want this trip to be special since it's my BF's birthday. Also any decent and affordable ($160 or less) hotel rooms would be appreciated even if it's in Brooklyn.

A. well to be honest you picked a bad weekend to come to NYC, not a lot of cool events happening...i know because i'll be here too (i'll be in the village cocktails, dinner, and then to the comedy cellar)and i've done some research. your best bet for live music would be down in the east village or soho. lots of bars with live music.
if you want contact me and i'll give you my access code to TONY.(time out ny) so you can check it out on line ur self.
when it comes to hotels you get what you pay for.
i'll be staying downtown for $190 a nite.
you can get a cheeper rate if you shop around
try www.hotels.com you can get good rates and the discriptions are accurate.

good luck

Hi has anyone ever been to Rosie O Gradys nyc for new years eve?
Q. Im going to nyc for the first time for nye ! What can i expect in Rosie's? Does it have a good view of times square? What time would you recommend getting there for? Is it near the W hotel on lexington avenue cos that's where im staying? If you've been or you've heard anything about Rosie's nye please let me know as i will need to book the tickets. Thanks in advance XX

A. http://europesworld.com/

I need to find a restaurant near the majestic theater in NYC for my parents. I want to get them a gidtcard?
Q. For Christmas i got my parents two tickets to Phantom of the Opera in NYC at the Majestic Theater. I am looking for a nice restaurant they can go to that is near the theater. I also want to get them a giftcard to the restaurant. Any suggestions?

A. I work right by there and there are plenty of restaurants in the theater district.

*Carmine's-famous Italian restaurant known for their family-style meals
*John's Pizzeria--one of the famous pizzerias in NY that serves not only pizza, but other Italian favorites as well. This is located in an old church and is very pretty inside.
*Pongsri Thai Restaurant
*Da Rosina--Italian with a prixe fixe theater menu that lets you choose from everything.
*Bond 45-a few blocks away with an extensive menu
*Blue Fin-right in the W Hotel, great seafood and sushi and a nice treat for dinner.
*The View restaurant in the Marriott Marquis--dine on top of the world at this restaurant that gives you a 360 degree view of NYC.

Also check out 46th Street, which is lined with restaurant after restaurant--most of which have a prixe fixe pre-theater menu.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment