Friday, March 29, 2013

What NYC hotels offer the best deals?

Q. I will be accompanying my 12 year-old daughter to New York City this August - she is in a ballet program at ABT, which is in Chelsea. I'm looking for a nearby reasonably priced hotel. Thanks for your help!

A. Hey there!

Sounds like fun. I'm sure you'll enjoy your time with your daughter.

I have booked MANY 3 - 4 star New York City hotels in the Chelsea area for $80 - 100 per night using Priceline. You simply "bid" on your hotel room.

You may also want to look into hotels in the Midtown area. There are a ton of them up there, so you are more likely to get a better deal and it is a VERY easy commute on the subway to Chelsea from there. The subway is VERY safe these days. Or you could simply take a 5 minute cab ride.

There is an article which explains how to go about using Priceline to get great hotels for cheap in NYC. I'll post a link below.

http://cheapinthecity.com/index.php?pages_id=22&t=Saving-Big-on-Hotels

Have fun!

Which travel site provides the best vacation/flight/hotel deals?
Q. I am taking my family on a trip in Aug and we are planning on stopping in NYC for one night. Any reccomendations on affordable hotels I should check out, or a website that has good deals?

A. I have checked every site on the web (or at least most of the big ones anyway) and the two best I have found are:
http://www.hotwire.com/index.jsp?sid=S20&bid=B256273&kid=K0000001&mid=M01
http://travel.priceline.com/default.asp?rdr=1&session_key=420011AC5C0011AC20080330164841651bc0943022
With Priceline you have to bid but you can get some incredible prices. I got a 4 star in NYC last November for $125/night (The normal price was $450/night). Check them out and you'll see what I mean.

What's the best site for booking hotels at a short notice for cheapest rates?
Q. I wanted to go shopping in New York City (I live on Long Island) and he really can't wait because he has cancer and wants to go soon when he's feeling pretty good. I wanted to go to Astor on the Park by Central Park but I can't seem to find a good deal yet. 100$ would be GREAT but we dont want anything skeevy and will pay more. We tried October 8-9th and 7th-8th(is it cheaper to go sunday night-monday or monday night- tuesday??) and I'm figuring we're going to have to ettle for the 14th-15th or 15th-16th for the price range we want or later. Or if it'll be cheaper we'll settle for a few days later. thanks alot! respond asap too.

A. There are some cheap hotel deals at the NYC Tourist Center *BUT* cheap & NYC usually do not go hand and hand....I can't guarantee the "skeevy" factor, but you will find a big assortment of cheap hotels that you can book online short notice...

NYC Tourist Center
http://www.nyctouristcenter.com




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment