Thursday, January 31, 2013

Where can I buy tawas crystal or alum in Thailand?

Q. I just need to get some of this since I'm allergic to artificial deodorants. Can anyone tell me where to get them? I'm staying in a Bangkok hotel, thanks.

A. I found it in a Thai Drug store. Not Boots or Central but a small neighborhood store. Alum is called "SAN SOM" (สารสà¹à¸¡) in Thai. It comes as large crystals. I am told it's also available in the Local "wet markets" - but I have never bought it there.

Can someone please help me with the beaches in Phuket?
Q. I would like to visit Thailand. I am interested in a short time in Bangkok (hotel suggestions?) then on to Phuket. I notice there are many different beach areas in Phuket and would like to know which area is the best to stay so I can choose a hotel. I want to be near enough to get to the cultural areas, but far enough away that it is not crowded and crazy (but not completely isolated). Thank you for your help. If you can recommend a hotel here too, that would be great.

A. I always recommend D'Ma Pavilion in Bangkok and Peach Hill Kata in Phuket both mid-range comfortable.Thailand is short on cultural areas and none more so than Phuket,there are a few temples most notably Wat Chalong which is a 20 minute taxi/tuk tuk ride.No doubt there are museums and galleries in bangkok but I,ve never seen any.Culture seems to equate to religion and royal palaces.There's no shortage of either in Bangkok but they're not centralised http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g293916-d306702-Reviews-Ramada_D_MA_Bangkok-Bangkok.html and http://www.agoda.co.uk/asia/thailand/phuket.html?type=1&site_id=1410046&url=http://www.agoda.co.uk/asia/thailand/phuket.html&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&ut

Can a day trip from Bangkok Phuket be nice?
Q. Hi I am planning to travel to Bangkok FourSeasons Hotel for a 6-night stay as I have a complimentary voucher for that :) I am not sure if this is too much for Bangkok. I am thinking of a daytrip to Phuket. Is that a good idea. I love Phuket from what I heared but wonder if this is a good idea. What do you guys think?

A. Phuket is near the bottom end of Thailand. A bus ride takes a long time but flying doesn't take that long. But will it be worth the expense to you for a few hours in Phuket?

Could you take 3 nights in a hotel in Bangkok - then go to Phuket - spend a week there and return to finish off another 3 nights in Bangkok? You can ask the hotel if they will split the free room voucher. Don't forget that even in Bangkok it is nice and warm, you could even get a little tan started if you can find some areas not in the shade.

Or, plan "B" if you are tapped for money and want a cheap beach you may head for Jomtien. You can take a bus to Jomtien/Pattaya area for under 120 baht. Hotels with air are cheaper than Phuket and Bangkok. Beach is not as good as Phuket of course but money wise it is a bargain!

Up to you.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment