Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Is it cheaper to book a hotel and flight separately?

Q. We are planning a vacation to hawaii next year for two adults. I tried priceline and orbitz packages and they give me the rate for flight and hotel per person. Lets say 1500. So total would be 3000. When I go to book just the hotel for two, its much much cheaper because they are not doubling it. Why is this?

A. My own experience says "yes", as a general rule. I should clarify that and say that I am referring to the UK, whereas I imagine you could be in the USA.

We have 3 holidays per year booking the flight and hotel separately and a considerable saving is made by doing it that way. The flights are booked well in advance directly with the airline, usually shortly after release, and I then use a booking agent (Alpharooms or Travel Republic) for the hotel. The price does tend to fluctuate, depending on the exchange rate, so I tend to watch the price for a while and book when it compares favourably with my last visit.

Once a year, usually in the winter months, we do book a package with a tour operator. This is always a late deal and in this instance the price is cheaper than I could do it by booking the various ingredients separately.

Good luck.

How many stars would a super 8 be rated?
Q. I'm looking to book hotels for a trip to Europe and I'm used to staying at Super 8s or hotels in a similar price range. I want something to compare the hotels I'm looking at because I want to stay cheap, but I want something decent.

So how many stars would a super 8 be rated?

A. you want the premier travel inns or travelodge in england.

Good, authentic mexico resort style, 5 star hotel in Cancun Mexico. Where to book for cheaper rate?
Q. Will be going to cancun this week for holiday. Can anyone recommend a good 5 star resort that is authentic mexico styles. I am thinking about ritz-carlton Cancun. where can i book the hotel for a cheaper rate? Internet, travel agents, etc? If internet which web site. thanks.

A. You can try HotelBookLet.com (http://www.hotelbooklet.com) which compares more than 30 popular hotel reservations sites and shows all available deals! It takes just a few clicks to find out which site gives the best room rate.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment