Thursday, January 31, 2013

The Carlton Hotel New Years Eve NYC Party?

Q. Im hearing alot of people talking about the Carlton Hotel New Years Eve party going on this year. Looks really interesting. Anyone know where I can get cheap tickets, and all the information on the party. I know its a hotel but how does the party work and what are the prices? Sounds really cool!

A. The Carlton Hotel party will be amazing this year! I have friends that are going. They got their tickets and information at http://newyearsplans.com/nyc-carlton-hotel.html

Deluxe Experiences is proud to present New Yearâs Eve on Madison, Manhattanâs most elegant and upscale New Yearâs celebration. Hosted at The Carlton Hotel, one of New Yorkâs chicest luxury hotels, ring in the New Year with the glitz, glamour and extravagance of a 5-Star Manhattan experience.

Upon arriving to the venue, you are immediately whisked away to a night of class and sophistication. A palatial two level venue, the rustic dining room on the lower level, embellished with dark mahogany floors, stunning Tiffany lamps, and fully stocked bar, offers substantial VIP seating as well as a stylish spot for those enjoying the party.

The upstairs, overlooking the elegant hotel lobby, is adorned with marble floors and a crystal chandelier draped from the stained glass cathedral ceilings, houses the exclusive VIP Room and Champagne Lounge, along with beautifully sculpted marble bars.

New Yearâs Eve on Madison Features:
6 Hour Open Bar (9:00pm â 3:00am)
Live DJ Spinning All Your Favorite Hits throughout the Night
Stationed Hors dâoeuvres â Champagne Toast at Midnight â
âLive Countdown of Ball Drop from Times Square â Party Favors â VIP Tables Available â

http://newyearsplans.com/nyc-carlton-hotel.html

Can anyone help me with some grammar and punctuation?
Q. I terrible at grammar! I need to find what is wrong with these sentences and why. Can anyone help?

First sentence:
I long to be at the exquisite Ritz Carlton Hotel in the Cayman Islands sipping drinks by the pool, like my parents are at this exact moment.

Second Sentence:
I try my best to listen to my grandmothers boring stories for as long as I can, but after about fifteen minutes, boredom overcomes me and I stare at the bland grey ceiling.

Third sentence:
Chaos gives way to the once calm room, and all on account of my sudden sickness.

Fourth sentence:
The uncertainty of where I was to end up if I perished brought the fear in me, and showed how weak I truly am.

Gracias :)
Ana

A. First sentence:
I long to be at the exquisite Ritz Carlton Hotel in the Cayman Islands sipping drinks by the pool, like my parents are at this exact moment.
==> It's a run-on. There should be a comma after Cayman Islands.

Second Sentence:
I try my best to listen to my grandmothers boring stories for as long as I can, but after about fifteen minutes, boredom overcomes me and I stare at the bland grey ceiling.
==> To show possession, there needs to be an apostrophe in grandmothers.

Third sentence:
Chaos gives way to the once calm room, and all on account of my sudden sickness.
==> The sentence is a fragment. The part after the comma is not a complete thought.

Fourth sentence:
The uncertainty of where I was to end up if I perished brought the fear in me, and showed how weak I truly am.
==> Put a comma after perished, because there's a pause in the sentence.

Why do South Africans believe they live in a democracy?
Q. Their government (including the president) is comprised of many Soviet trained thugs. The ANC government came to power with the blood of men, women and children on its hands.
Apartheid has been reinstituted - this time called BEE - and now favors blacks. South African politicians (as far up as the deputy president) are constantly on trial for offenses ranging from fraud to rape. And always being acquitted.
All those innocent people on trial - go figure.
The infrastructure, built by the previous government, has crumbled and now Johannesburg is one of the most dangerous cities on Earth. The world famous Carlton Hotel has been deserted for years.
Rape, murder and other violent crime are out of control and the corrupt, inept police force does nothing about it.
The currency is worth nothing, the so-called government is more concerned with enriching themselves and the average South African is no better off than they were under apartheid.
Moreover, the population, as well as the government, is happy to live in denial, and blame the agony of the present on 'the legacy of apartheid'
Please. That ended thirteen years ago and BILLIONS of dollars of foreign aid have been poured into the country.
They've still managed to f*ck it up.

This is a democracy?
librarian - you are indicative of big-mouthed Americans that have no clue of how the world actually works outside the States.
Babies are not raped on a regular basis in the USA. There is no AIDS epidemic here.
Instances of police brutality are few and far between. Politicians do not rape HIV positive women here.
Oh, and New York was rated the safest big city in the country (and one of the safest worldwide) last year.
Get a clue or keep your mouth shut.
librarian - I have seldom read such sensationalist, denialist, DISHONEST drivel
Even attempting to compare crime stats in the USA with the barbarism and savagery playing out on the streets of South Africa is cynical enough to make you worthy only of contempt.
America has crime -yes- but per capita South Africa's crime is comparable to a war zone. And the nature of that crime is barbaric and random, just as the consistency of that crime betrays the complete ineffectiveness
of their BEE (look it up) police force, many of whom are corrupt and violent - criminals themselves.
I notice on some of those links you posted you had to dig as far back as 2000 to find dirt on American police civil rights violations. Proves my point - instances of police brutality/corruption are few and far between in the USA.
The nature of the violence, corruption and decay in South Africa is EVERYDAY and preys on a much smaller population.
The other thing about the drivel you posted that stands out is its predictability.
Like others that have no reasoning ability, you want to live hundreds of years ago and exhume the historical carcasses of Native Americans and black slaves, even though slavery was abolished more than a century ago.
Whilst we're on the subject of slavery, America might well have practised that abhorrent system many years ago, but let's not forget that the USA was also the first country to abolish slavery, and indeed fought a civil war over some of those very same issues.
Native Americans were primitive savages that refused to adapt, and like all other cultures in history that refused to do so, they fell by the wayside.
The difference is that in the USA they were not annhilated, as is the pattern of history,
they were given land and their historical grievances are addressed even today.
So, my advice to you is to live in the 21st century. It's 2007 now.
mapompana and innocentia - The two of you are examples of what passes for intelligent discourse in the 'New South Africa.'
The only reason the two of you have any kind of employment is because you have black skins. With your levels of intellect, you MIGHT be able to find employment as housekeepers or parking attendants here in the States. Send me your CV's.
Jade 21 - such language! I'm not really a prick, more of an as*hole.
Innocentia - oh, and baby, I'll stop Emailing you if you stop Emailing me. If I told you once, I told you a 1000 times, I'm NOT going to sleep with you, no matter how many times you ask.

A. I am totally amazed that someone is comparing the situation in South Africa to America!!! I moved to the UK 5 years ago from South Africa due to the crime. I was one of the lucky one who was able to get out and show my son that living in fear is NOT NORMAL. Simple things like getting out of your car to open your gate was done with fear. I had to teach my 3yr old son how to open the gates FAST and run to the top of the drive just in case I got carjacked because believe me if I got out of the car they would not only take the car but also the child in it, as has happened many many times. Horrific crimes are committed every minute of every day against blacks as well as whites and very few criminals are every brought to justice. My best friend was shot dead in her car - was anyone ever caught - NO!! Every single person I knew in SA has been a victim of some kind of crime. I was personally caught in the middle of a shoot out at 5.30pm on the way home from work. I have family still there and I worry for them every day. Until the president admits that crime is problem nothing will get done. The police force is under funded as it is in many countries but not to the extent that it is there. Crimes are not being responded to because there are no vehicles for the police to use. And yet the Zulu King has how many new mercedes???? I could go on and on!!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment