Wednesday, January 30, 2013

what is the difference between apartments and hotels?

Q. because for example i see hotels in Rome that costs 300-350 euros a day for 2 persons and i see the appartments which are so beautiful near the colloseum and only costs 100-120 euros per night? why ? don't tell me they don't have a toilet or that i will have to stay with the owner's kids in the couch......

A. You will not have daily service cleaning up your room (maid and the like) and likely not a front desk, conceirge, or others. No shampoo in the unit and the like.

You may have a toilet down the hall, but not likely. You will not have a real fancy room and furniture, but something comfortable and basic. You will have a kitchen, but need to clean that kitchen up yourself.

I prefer the apartments.

How to travel from Rome Cavalieri Hotel to Downtown Rome?
Q. What is the safest, easiest, and best way to travel from Rome Cavalieri Hotel to Dowtown Rome and siteseeing? I know the hotel offers a shuttle, but it brings you back to the hotel at 6 pm! What are my options, costs and safety factors?

A. Your Hotel has got a great location...So walk and enjoy this beautiful city!
I lived in Rome and most site-seeing places are on walking distance of each other (yes, even down town).
If you don't want to walk, take the subway (metro); it's fast and cheap.

Tickets can be used on any means of transport in Rome (bus, tram, metro) ;
for 75 min, 1 euro
for a whole day, 4 euro
for 3 days, 11 euro
for a week, 16 euro

What's the best way to get to Rome airport at 3AM?
Q. I inadvertently booked a ticket flying out of Rome back to Seattle that departs at 6:25AM. I read that you need to be at the airport at least 2.5 hours before departure. I am still looking for hotels in Rome but I think I'll be staying in the sightseeing area(Coliseum). I don't know how far that is from the airport. What would be the best way to get to the airport if you have to leave at 3:30AM? Thank you!

A. I guess that, with "Rome Airport" you mean the Fiumicino/Leonardo da Vinci Airport and not Ciampino: for what i know Ciampino hasn't intercontinental flights.

As someone else suggested, a taxi could be a good choice.

The first trains to Fiumicino in the morning leave at 5.05 from Tiburtina Station and at 5.52 from Termini Station.

At 3 AM it's not even so easy to reach the stations, so my hint is definitely to take a taxi, sorry.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment