Wednesday, January 30, 2013

How to book hotels in Vietnam?

Q. Please kindly help me! I would like to know a website which I can book hotels in Vietnam freely. Many thanks.

A. You can book hotels at several websites such as asiarooms, agoda or hotels-in-vietnam. However, the booking fees are various among sites. Please notice the hidden fees before you book.
Otherwise, you can send your request to hotels using the recommended one (http://www.vietnamhotels.org.vn/). I like this website because I can get rates from hotels directly!

Hope it helps!
Albert

Can I check in to the hotel at 1 am, and what date should I fill out when I book the hotel?
Q. I am arriving on Dec 5th, at 1 am, when I book hotel what date should my checking in time be? And if I book the hotel online should I go to front desk to check out or I can just leave?

A. Every hotel has its fixed check out and check in time, and they are all 11 am - 12 noon, and 2 or 3 pm, that is the first "day" you occupy a room starts at 2 or 3 pm and lasts until 11 am - 12 noon the next day. The few hours after 12 noon is reserved for housekeeping to clean up the room. No hotel would count 1 am of any day as the check in date because how many guests would check out at 10-11 pm. Your check in date would have to be December 4th.

That said if the hotel has a lot of empty rooms during your stay, you can always negotiate with the hotel for an early check in, that is even though you are supposed to be checking in December 5 at 2 pm, the hotel could let you go into your room 13 hours earlier. No matter what you must inform the hotel of your arrival time because as I said check in times are basically all in the early afternoon and if the guest does not show up by 9-10pm, many hotels would assume it as a no show and might give the room up to other walk in customers.

how many days are good to book a hotel to apply Schengen visa?
Q. I and my wife are going to apply Schengen visa from Belgium embassy, I want to know how many days are good to book a hotel? 2 days booking hotel is good to apply Schengen visa?
Thanks

A. Two days of hotel reservation are good if you want to get a visa which authorizes three days of stay.
http://diplomatie.belgium.be/en/services/travel_to_belgium/visa_for_belgium/ ..
Belgium must be your main destination (the country in which you plan to stay for the longest time) in order to get the visa from a Belgian embassy. It must be the country you plan to visit at first if you plan to stay for the same amount of time in several Schengen countries. In this case you must provide evidence of accommodation arrangements in all countries you plan to visit.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment