Thursday, February 14, 2013

Where can I find cheap hotel rates?

Q. I want to know if there are any websites where I can find cheap hotel rates?

A. Try this website: http://www.hotels.airlikes.com/
You may find something that matches your needs. It is a hotel deals comparison search engine.
A lot of options (budget, location,...) are available to refine your search.
hope it helps!

Do Hotel room rates go up the later you get them like airplane fares?
Q. or do hotel rates stay the same no matter when you get them? I know hotel rates go up by like summer or winter but do they go up the later you get them or no?

A. Just the opposite, I think. The best rates are probably available after about 6PM on the day of stay.

In China, is it normal to negotiate hotel/ servcd apartment rates?
Q. I am wondering if I can still negotiate the displayed rates of hotels in China. Im thinking of going to Shanghai and I want to stay in New Harbour Serviced Apartments in . It is a four star apartment hotel. Ive been to China and I know that bargaining is a common practice when buying. I am not sure if it is also applicable to hotel rates. If so, how low can I negotiate the hotel rate from the asking rate?

A. You can always try to bargain. It may or may not work and there is nothing to lose.

For hotels I usually pay the advertised rates. They are usually already discounted. I also search online for better rates with the English and also with the Chinese name. Within China there are also countless Chinese websites that give hotel discounts.

Once you are in lobby hotels have usually 2 rates, the displayed one, and one with a a fixed discount that everybody gets. It's hard to get more discount then that, if you are lucky they through in a free breakfast.

Some Mandarin will help, otherwise they may have no idea what you talk about.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment