Friday, February 15, 2013

Can you take the weed you buy in Amsterdam coffee shops to your hotel?

Q. For anyone who's been to Amsterdam or known somebody who's been can you take the weed you buy in coffee shops back to your hotel or out of the coffee shop period? or do you have to stay in the coffee shop you bought it in?

Also, how old do you have to be to buy in coffee shops there?

A. Yes you can take the weed out of the coffeeshop, but the majority of hotels have a smoking ban on tobacco (which is law unless they have a specific smoking room) and also in the rooms. Some also include weed in this and say no smoking full stop

Of course smoking in the coffeeshop is a relaxed environment where no-one is going to move you on, whereas if you go to a normal bar you are likely to get asked to refrain, and that goes for public areas especially where there are kids and people who don't like it.

However people do find somewhere quiet, away from the crowd, like in a quieter area of a park to have a smoke and are rarely bothered

You have to be 18 to enter as well as buy in a coffeeshop and yes, you will get ID checked.

whats the cheapest way to visit New York CIty?
Q. I was planning to go to NYC for spring break. What are the cheapest hotels/flights?
I want a good experience so Im looking for 4+ stars, and the flight from the west coast, Seattle, Portland, San DIego...

A. 4+ stars won't come cheap. If you're a student, I would suggest you try staying at the West Side YMCA near Columbus Circle - it's very near Central Park - and I've stayed there twice. It's like a dorm room - but it's safe, clean and cheap. The cafe on the main floor serves up a good cheap breakfast, too. If you are willing to do that, you'll have more money left over for shopping and shows! (IMHO, a visit to NYC isn't about being in your hotel room - it's about being out doing fun things!) If you REALLY can't stand that idea, try looking into the Amsterdam on the upper West Side. Again, not 4+ stars, but friendly staff, clean rooms and great location. As for flights - I'd say study the internet, or try to find a last minute fare. Other ways to save money and still have fun: If you want to eat at a nice restaurant, go for lunch instead of dinner - pretty much the same menu - far less expensive. Learn the subway system - it's easy, safe and cheap. Make some of your lunches food from the street vendors near the park. Have a great time!

how I can travel around europe on a budget?
Q. I am back packing through London, Manchester, Amsterdam, and Barcelona. I will be there approx. 18 days, and I am really worried about my budget.

What is the cheapest way to travel around to those places? Should I fly or take a train?
And does anybody have any budgeting tips for me? I think I am functioning solely off a credit card.. is that a mistake? And what are other money saving tips on food, alcohol, museums etc.?
I need advice from an experienced traveler! This is my first trip!

A. Hello. I am not an experienced traveler but I still would like to give you my advice. I wish I could travel where you're going!

I think the cheapest means of travel is a train. It may take longer than a plane, but you won't need to worry about as many things. From my experience though (not overseas), a train is a lot cheaper than a plane.

As for budgeting tips...I would say focus on things you "need" more than "want". You need food of course...buy food in bulk (it'll save you some money--trust me), museums are usually cheap too. Also find some places that are outdoors, like famous parks...or landmarks or something that do not cost to enjoy.

A lot of people travel with their credit card. As a matter of fact, it seems like everybody does so nowadays. As long as you feel confident that you'll be able to pay back your debt on your credit card, then I would say that it isn't a mistake. If you are worried about your budget, think in your head "what are things I need? what are things I want?". It may sound silly but I have done this when I have been to different places or had limited money and I always ended up on an alright budget.

As for the money saving tips again...food (buy in bulk -- might seem a little more expensive, but it really isn't in the long run), alcohol--I would assume that alcohol is cheaper in Europe...but maybe not. That may be one of those things you need to think about in your head whether you "want" or "need" it. Like I said before, museums are cheap. Also outdoor activities are cheap.

You are also saving a lot of money by "back packing" through all of these places. At least you won't be spending 18 days in one of those $1000 a night hotels!

Have a fun and safe trip!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment