Wednesday, February 27, 2013

What exactly is a hotel deposit for reservation?

Q. I booked a hotel in Orlando today and they took one night room rate out of the two nights stay as a deposit to hold my room. Does that deposit go towards the total amount? Or will I be charged the total amount when I check in/out of the hotel or just the second night room rate? I'm confused.

A. It goes towards the total amount. If you do not cancel the reservation before a certain time, usually 24 to 48 hours before check in, you lose the deposit.

Some hotels take the money immediately and some wait until check in time. Read the fine print. Some have no refund at all.

ÊÉÉ¿ÊɹÉq  Ì ÍÍ¡â Ì

Which Universal Orlando Resort Hotel is the best?
Q. We are a family of 4 and were going to Universal Orlando this Summer. But which resort is better?
The Hard Rock Hotel Orlando Deluxe Queen Room
or
The Loews Portofino Bay Hotel Orlando Deluxe Queen Room

Thank You.

A. I stay at both of the hotels at least twice a year.

Personally, I'm in love with both. The Hard Rock is typically better for a party or celebration, also great for relaxing, but there's always a lot of hype going on. They only have one pool, which kinda is a bummer.
The Portifino Bay, though, is so relaxing. I was just there in September (last time I stayed there, but I was just visiting there the other day), I love the atmosphere, they have 2 pools, the rooms are really nice and luxurious. And the best thing about it, in my opinion, is that it's so much less crowded than the Hard Rock.

For my eighteenth birthday this year I'm staying at both of the hotels. I can't just decide on one anymore! haha, that would be my suggestion.
But of course, when you stay at one, you can always use the amenities of the other.

And upgrade to club level! Always a must for free drinks and food! :D

Are there any hotels in Orlando that are for adults, not kids?
Q. My wife and I are teachers, so when we go on vacation, we like to get away from children. Are there any hotels in Orlando that aren't kid-friendly so we can lower our chances of hearing screaming, unsupervised kids? Thanks!

A. Caribe Royale Suites & Villas in Orlando -
one bedroom suites feature mini refrigerators, coffeemakers, microwave ovens, two cable televsions with interactive video games and complimentary premium cable channels. For business travelers, accommodations feature ergonomically designed workspaces, telephones, voicemail and data ports for internet access. ONE TOWER IS RESERVED EXCLUSIVELY FOR ADULT GUESTS. For spacious accommodations, ample recreational facilities and a location close to disney world, caribe royale suites & villas fits the bill.

I have retired but at one time I was a teacher - I know what you mean!

http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:EQPjO9Kgju8J:deals.hotels.com/brand.asp%3Fbrand%3Dutell%2520international%26city%3Dorlando%26country%3Dunited%2520states+orlando+hotels+adults+exclusively&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=4

s




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment