Sunday, December 30, 2012

How do I transfer a hotel reservation to another person?

Q. I have a hotel reservation this weekend (Fri/Sat), and would like to offer it to another person. Is this a simple process? Do I simply go to the reservations desk w/ the person to whom I'm transferring the room, etc? It's a very in-demand hotel room (Florida-LSU game), and I'd really like to see this room used by someone I know who needs it (I've made other arrangements and no longer need the room myself).

A. I have done this before on vacation with my sister. We took turns paying for hotel room we stayed in. It was no trouble. Make sure you trust this friend because he could find other arrangements at the last minute.

Is there a charge to recieve a phone call using the hotel room phone?
Q. If I was to use Skype to call a Disney hotel in Florida (from Canada) would the person I am trying to reach be charged a fee for using the hotel room phone?

A. no hotels normally do not charge for incoming calls... only calls placed from the rooms telephone should be charged - and even then, some hotels provide free local calling..

Has anyone ever been ripped off by booking a hotel in advance?
Q. When you book a hotel and reserve a rate, and then when you get there and find out that rate is different from what you seen on their website, way expensive...
( thinking to book a hotel in Florida)

A. I've never had a problem if I reserve a rate. I always ask for a further discount when I get to a hotel whether I booked in advance or not. I normally get one.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment