Friday, December 28, 2012

Buying a hotel+flight deal for 2 on expedia, but can a friend join me there in the same studio hotel apartment?

Q. I'm visiting UAE with a friend. We are purchasing the flight tickets+hotel deal online on expedia.com together. But another friend of ours is to meet us there and us three will be sharing the hotel room. Is there going to be a problem if we tell them about the 3rd person upon arriving at the hotel? I'm not sure what actions I'm supposed to take from ahead of time since it's all online based.

A. You need to let the hotel know that three people will be staying in the room, and it will likely cost more. Or, just let the hotel know when you check-in which shouldn't be a problem. Unless you plan on sharing the beds, the hotel can bring in an extra roll-a-way bed

Best/cheapest way to get hotel deal in Vegas at late juncture?
Q. I already got my flights. Everything was ridiculously expensive (avg $650 for a RT ticket from Dallas) and I need a really good hotel deal to save some money and I'm currently 14 days out. Please help, thanks.

A. No problem...email me through my profile on here...I own a Las Vegas based travel agency and event management company. It's just a matter of finding the right property, room type, etc for you...based on the dates you are coming out.

I'm guessing you are trying to get a room at one specific property or from a small preferred set of choices. If it's one where I have my best "connections" at...I'll happily pass along the savings for you...14 days, etc...not such an issue...well, if it was New Year's Eve and you wanted the most 'in-demand' properties at the time...but I'd still get you some kind of perk.

Can I change my hotel reservation and travel plan after I get Schengen Visa?
Q. I got my Schengen visa from Consulate of Netherlands. I find a better hotel deal and decide to change my hotel reservation for my stay in Netherlands and meanwhile visit more countries in Schengen region than I previously planned. Will that be possible and do I need to inform Consulate of Netherlands about my change.

Any help will be very much appreciated.

A. Do not change either your itinerary or your hotel booking without checking with the Dutch consulate first.

As you can see here in the answer of another person (who is a complete expert at this kind of question. You can see here that there are warnings on the Consulate General website that checks will be made "prior and after the visa has been granted" concerning the hotel booking http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100409073611AAkDLR3 & http://www.ambafrance-uk.org/Visa-website-of-the-French.html#outil_sommaire_8 and as the same registration system applies for all Schengen countries then the same principles apply as well

It is a requirement that you can read on the Dutch embassy site in Pakistan (for example as you did not mention your country) http://www.netherlandsembassy.org.pk/Products_and_Services/Consular_services/Visa/Applying_for_a_Schengen_visa#internelink11 that you must report to the Aliens Police within 72 hours of arrival in NL in the municipality where you are staying and hotels/campsites do this on your behalf. So if the hotel does not not register your stay (which of course if won't if you don't stay there) then the system will pick this up

Contact the Dutch consulate for advice and certainty.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment