Sunday, April 7, 2013

Which hotel in Montreal is the hottest/hippest?

Q. I am looking to go a weekend in downtown Montreal and I would like to book a very trendy hotel.

My main preferences are:
- the bathroom having a large standing shower;
- really downtown, as in I park my car on arrival and only take it again when I leave for home;

I was looking at hotel sites but they rarely go in details of what I want to know.

I have been at the W Hotel and loved it. Looking to try a different one.

A. Not really sure of the showers but a good choices for hip, chic, swanky and close to everything is the Hotel Gault. It;'s in old Montreal and not too far a walk to the Metro (subway). Click on "rooms' on their website and you read about the named choices.

A second choice for me would be Le Relais Lyonnais which my sister stayed at and was delighted with. It's in the so-called Latin Quarter, really close to the Metro and has something called "Rain Showers" that may be what you're after.

What city in Canada has that huge beautiful Hotel that was in the movie Taking Lives w/Angelina Jolie?
Q. In the movie I remember seeing a huge Hotel up on a mountain or something. It looked like a beautiful castle. Well that whole area where they filmed the movie was absolutely breathtaking. Just the look of it & the cobblestone roads & old shops, it looked fabulous! Where is that in Canada?

A. The hotel is the Chateau Frontenac in Quebec City. See link below.

The movie was shot half in Montreal, half in Quebec City. I remember it was a pretty big thing for us here, as many movies get filmed in Montreal, but very few in Quebec City. Unfortunately, as is often the case, the movie I think had most of these scenes take place in Montreal, though they were shot in Quebec City. Always funny for someone who lives here, but quite unimportant.

When do the Oasis hotels in Cancun fill up?
Q. im goin to Cancun for spring break with some friends,march 13th threw march 20 n wanted to know when will it b too late to book tickets? im planning on booking them in the next week so i need info ASAP!! thx FROM MONTREAL B.T.W

A. Travel reservations are down this year so you should be ok. Most years, this would be too late to book. Be sure to do it this next week as you said. But, if not, there are plenty of options for spring break. You'll find something.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment