Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Where can I find hotel accomodations for a large family in Makati Philippines?

Q. I have four small children and a husband. When searching for hotel accommodations over the Internet, all I can find are one or two bed hotel rooms. Aren't there any large suites? I need something with a two queen size beds, a pull out couch and a crib. I don't want my kids sleeping on the floor for ten nights. I would prefer 3 stars or higher. We are traveling during the Christmas season.

A. The Peninsula Hotel --It's the best there.

What hotel do visiting teams playing the Chicago Bulls stay at?
Q. I've heard a few people say they stay at the Ritz-Carlton downtown near water tower as well as the Peninsula and the Omni. I just asked someone a few weeks ago and they also told me the Marriott downtown would also be another possibility. Do any of you know where they may stay at?

A. Typically it's the Ritz. Here's a trick. Call reservations, and ask for the teams group rate. If there's a group rate, it's usually on a rooming list, so they can't book it. But they'll tell you it's a rooming list. That means the coach has to book it. That means it's the team, and not just a bunch of fanboys.

If you do meet them, be respectful. Don't walk up to their dinner table and ask for an autograph, unfortunately, if they complain, the hotel will remove you.

where are cheap places to stay/camp on the olympic peninsula in the winter?
Q. me and my friends are going on a 3 day trip to the peninsula and are planning on just sleeping in the car but were most likely aren't going to not want to do that all 3 nights so we want a back up plan. if anyone knows cheap but good places to stay (and eat!) your help is greatly appreciated!

A. I'm not sure how you define cheap, but at least the prices do tend to be the lowest in the winter months. Since it is so rainy in the winter, I think your plan to stay at a motel at least one night to dry out is a good idea. Depending on your planned route, your best bet would be spending a night or two in either Port Angeles and/or Forks. I would lean toward Forks since it is closest to the beaches and rainforests and also where it is the rainiest and the area you will probably most appreciate not sleeping in the car. Here is a link where you can compare prices and also see reviews and read comments from other travelers: http://www.jdoqocy.com/click-3894326-10775740?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tripadvisor.com%2FHotels-g58476-a_cja.10775740-a_cjp.3894326-m13092-Forks_Washington-Hotels.html

The link also includes some restaurant reviews so it might help you find some places to eat based on what your group likes to eat.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment