Sunday, April 7, 2013

What would you pay on average for a hotel room? How expensive is too expensive?

Q. I'm doing a report for a Guest Management Service class on "How Expensive is too Expensive?" in regards to hotel prices. What you pay on average for a hotel room? And what do you think certain age groups pay for hotels? Who's more attracted to the expensive hotels and the cheap or medium priced hotels?

A. On average, I pay between $80-$100 for a moderate hotel room that offers free internet and breakfast. I will pay up to $250 for a hotel room in a prime location (such as major cities or on the beach). The time of year also effects the cost of a room. A hotel in Washington, D.C. can be $75.00 a night in March but $375 in October or April. I think younger hotel guests are more interested in finding the cheapest price. Older guests are willing (and able) to pay higher prices for a prime location in high season that offers amenities such as restaurants, spa services, gym, pool, etc. Families want a moderate price for a clean, safe hotel.

What is the best hotel to stay at in Vegas on a budget?
Q. I'm turning 21 in a month and I'm driving to Vegas. Unfortunately, it's labor day weekend so hotel prices are higher. What is the best hotel to stay in that is the cheapest and closest to the strip?

So far, I've found Sahara and Las Vegas Club hotel to be cheapest. But are they any good? I'll take any suggestions. Thanks!

A. The Sahara is pretty decent for the price. I always stay at Circus Circus because I have a kid, but I would stay there anyways because the rooms are SOOOO cheap. Also try Imperial Palace.

How do I get big discounts for hotels in Los Angeles area?
Q. We are planning a trip to Los Angeles. We want to stay at Santa Monica, but the hotel prices are way too pricey. We may stay in Los Angeles, not sure yet. Depends on hotels. I hear all of the time that there are ways to get big discounts, but I don't know how to do that.

A. Triple A is usually the common discount if you're a member.

As far as big discounts, if you're a big traveler you might want to look into becoming a Leisure Travel Consultant. You get great LTC rates on hotels, resorts, cruises, rental cars, etc. As well as make commissions from any sales you make.

If you don't like the idea of being an LTC, you could check out becoming a Dreamtrips member. Hands down they offer the best deals on luxury hotels, resorts, and trips i've ever seen. They're pretty unbelievable. I was sold as soon as I looked at what they had to offer and they keep adding more. With Dreamtrips the deals are for you and a guest/spouse and often includes the kids too. Definitely worth looking into.

Hope this helped.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment