Friday, April 5, 2013

What time should I leave for airport?

Q. If my flight is at 3:30pm at what time should I leave from the hotel in Atlanta, GA?

Hotel is about 20 minutes from airport but I'll need to allow time for hotel check-out and any traffic jams, Airport check-in, etc?

A. you should count back time from the departure at 3:30pm. Arrival at the airport should be no later than 1:30pm (preferably 12:30-1:00pm), time to get transport (including waiting time for taxi, etc.. should be 40 mins, this covers traffic, etc.. Hotel check-out, just ask in the morning after breakfast, I suspect you may have an earlier check-out time than you realise, as most hotel do check-out up to 12:00 noon, after that you are liable for additional charges.

Is there anyway for people under 18 to stay at the Renaissance Atlanta Waverly Hotel alone?
Q. some of my friends and I want to attend anime weekend atlanta. i am 13, my other friend is 13, one is 16, and the other is 15. I heard that you could if you had permission from parents. our parents said it was okay as long as it was legal.

A. At your age it's verrrrry improbable, -- especially in an upscale hotel like the Waverly. (I'm surprised your parents would even give permission ... unless they already know that it's not possible!) Sorry.

How much does a trip to Rome, Italy cost?
Q. I want to do trip with my family to Rome and was wondering how much it would cost for 6 people

-Airfare to Rome from Atlanta
-Nice hotel for a week (3 rooms)
-Meals
-Transportation/tour guide
-Attractions

I'm just looking for a ballpark estimate for deals we could get. Thanks!

A. It depends a lot on exactly when you go. Prices vary a lot depending on exactly what's going on when you're here. A good site for finding airfares is: http://www.kayak.com/ I've been paying around $800 - $900 round trip between northern Italy and Washington, DC lately. It can be quite a bit more.

There is a wide range of hotel prices depending on when you stay and what kind of accomodations you're interested in. I use the Venere site for hotels here; there are several other equivalent sites:
http://www.venere.com/italy/rome/ Generally, I pay around 100 to 150 euro per night for a room in Rome, but room prices at an individual hotel can vary widely throughout the year and there are a range of places. I like the Accademia just around the corner from Trevi fountain, the Cesàri near the Pantheon or the Romano across from the Forum. All of them are within walking distance of the tourist attractions.

I generally count on 25 to 50 euro for a meal when I go out, but you can eat well for a bit less. Food is generally cheaper and better if you're away from the immediate area of the tourist attractions.

There's information on buses, metro and hop-on, hop-off tourist buses here: http://www.rometoolkit.com/whattodo/rome_hop_on_tour_bus.htm . If you're interested in day trips from Rome, there are tour companies that run some, but you can easily get around on your own using the trains: http://www.trenitalia.com/cms/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=ad1ce14114bc9110VgnVCM10000080a3e90aRCRD Tivoli, Orvieto, Florence and Pompeii are some of the places you can visit.

You can find information on museums including entrance fees here: http://www.rome.info/museums/cards/ If you want to go to the Colosseum, the lines can be quite long for tickets, but you can get a combined ticket at the Palatine Hill ticket office that is good for the Colosseum, forum and Colosseum and bypass the ticket line.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment