Wednesday, April 3, 2013

What months shod be avoided on Pwhi Phi?

Q. I want to travel to Phi Phi Don but need to know when to go to get low hotel rates but good weather if that is possible? When would you suggest? (I am interested in snorkeling if that makes a difference.)

A. You get the good hotel rates here in Thailand After Songkram (Thai New Years) until the end of October. After around Apr 15 the rates drop at least 33% to 50% until the end of Oct except for those three day Thai holiday weekends when rates will go up and you need to stay the two night three days. If you come from the middle of April to the end of June you can avoid the rain, but expect it to be very hot and humid during this period. The rainy season will start in July until middle Oct. But keep in mind that it can rain anytime of the year. Mother Nature has no calendar.

Based on what you want I would say May or June would be a great time for you to come. The weather will be hot, the water calm and blue for snorkeling and the hotels are at the lowest rates of the year.

Here is an example of the different in rates in May June and January you do the math:

http://phi-phi.com/hotels/KBVBAY-rooms.htm Room next April to Nov 1,870 baht
Same Room in Jan: 3,270 baht


Here is another example: http://phi-phi.com/hotels/KBVPPB-rooms.htm

Room Jul to Oct: 1,800 baht
Same Room in Nov - Dec 3,500 baht
Same Room from Xmas to mid Jan: 3,750 baht

Been here more than 6 years

Hope you have a good time with all the money you will save.

In China, is it normal to negotiate hotel/ servcd apartment rates?
Q. I am wondering if I can still negotiate the displayed rates of hotels in China. Im thinking of going to Shanghai and I want to stay in New Harbour Serviced Apartments in . It is a four star apartment hotel. Ive been to China and I know that bargaining is a common practice when buying. I am not sure if it is also applicable to hotel rates. If so, how low can I negotiate the hotel rate from the asking rate?

A. You can always try to bargain. It may or may not work and there is nothing to lose.

For hotels I usually pay the advertised rates. They are usually already discounted. I also search online for better rates with the English and also with the Chinese name. Within China there are also countless Chinese websites that give hotel discounts.

Once you are in lobby hotels have usually 2 rates, the displayed one, and one with a a fixed discount that everybody gets. It's hard to get more discount then that, if you are lucky they through in a free breakfast.

Some Mandarin will help, otherwise they may have no idea what you talk about.

In China, is it normal to negotiate hotel/ servcd apartment rates?
Q. I am wondering if I can still negotiate the displayed rates of hotels in China. Im thinking of going to Shanghai and I want to stay in New Harbour Serviced Apartments in . It is a four star apartment hotel. Ive been to China and I know that bargaining is a common practice when buying. I am not sure if it is also applicable to hotel rates. If so, how low can I negotiate the hotel rate from the asking rate?

A. Yeah! but good luck negotiating with them if you don't speak their language. That would be interesting to watch.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment