Monday, April 15, 2013

What is your opinion on the Kamehameha Suite?

Q. I'm going to Hawaii next summer and I've heard a lot of the Royal Hawaiian and the Kamehameha Suite but I'm not sure about it. So any opinions? Descriptions maybe?

A. The royal colors of the Hawaiian Alii (chief) were orange and red. Me personally, I don't care to live in and around the color pink as a predominant theme. It makes me feel...um, a bit pepto bismal. The suite at the Outrigger Reef is more the style I prefer. The Royal Hawaiian hotel is pink because it was a favorite color of Henry Kaiser who I belive developed the property originally and it has become a landmark because it stands out so much. Beautiful yes, and just renovated...however, if you go to Hawaii, why not surround yourself in earth tones rather than man made things? That is part of the experience. Check out the link below....

What is the large complex of pink buildings on a hill on Oahu. Not the Royal Hawaiian Hotel.?
Q. It looks like it could be a hospital or university.

A. Yes, the large complex of pink buildings is Tripler Army Medical Center. The story goes that due during the construction they wanted to make use of the wind so they situated the complex to catch the afternoon breezes off of the mountains. But since the soil is red, iron compound due to the volcanic nature of the island, the building soon turned red. So in order to hide the red stain from the soil they decided to paint the whole complex pink/salmon color.

The other story is that the contractor who built the building was the same contractor who built the Royal Hawaiian Hotel. It was his favorite color and we guess the rest is history.

Which one is true? We don't know everybody takes sides and we guess it is the one you want to believe in.

Just another local,

www.hawaii-vacation-adventures-oahu.com

When I was vacationing in Hawaii several years ago, I came across this perfume called?
Q. Wicked Wahini and I loved it. I cannot find it anywhere. Does anyone know if it is still availabe or if I can buy it on the internet? Do they sell it at the Royal Hawaiian Shopping Center? I found it once at Sea World, though.

A. I just bought some yesterday at the ABC Store next to the Sheraton Princess Kaiulani Hotel in Waikiki...the International Marketplace also carries Wicked Wahine, if you're not heading to Hawaii anytime soon, you can buy it online. Aloha




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment