Monday, April 8, 2013

What is there to do in san francisco during new years?

Q. So my girlfriend and I are planing to get a hotel room in SF this new years, but we really have no idea what goes down in the city on that time, anyone have any suggestions? Also, what would be a nice hotel to stay at?

A. There is SO much going on in the city during new years! My friends and I celebrate here every year. There are several parties going on that you can look up online and buy tickets for (I recommend buying them in advance so they're cheaper), stuff even happens on the streets! A few years ago, my friends and I were heading toward a big new years party and were walking through Union Square and there were hundreds of people in the square celebrating. It was awesome.

Try these sites if you want to find a great party:

http://www.clubzone.com/nye/?city=5

http://www.clubvibes.com/newyears/?city=8

If you just want to have a low key night, there are plenty of places to go as well. Everything is open (and I mean everything).

Nice hotels to stay at are:

The Westin St. Francis- We stayed here one year and had a blast

Sir Francis Drake Hotel (Kimpton)- We stayed here our first SF New Years and had a great time here too!

The Grand Hyatt- I hear this is a great hotel to stay at. We're looking into it this year.

The Palace- It's nice but the line for the elevators was LOOOONG and the staff wont let you bring in your own alcohol. Although i don't think this hotel is hosting a new years party this year so I don't think there will be lines for the elevators

The Hilton- This is always a good choice. I haven't stayed in the one with the 360 view tower yet but I have never been disappointed by a hilton. I stayed at the one in Fisherman's Wharf which is really nice.

Where is a romantic place to stay in Baltimore, MD?
Q. My wife and I are headed to Baltimore for a concert and I wanted to turn it into a romantic getaway weekend. I am looking for a nice hotel, preferably with a jacuzzi in the room and room service. I don't need a suite, but I want a nice room.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

A. I've never been to any of these hotels but, here is tripadvsiors list of 10 romantic hotels in Baltimore!
-Hendersons Wharf Inn (4.5 star user rating)
-Admiral Fell Inn ( 3star/4.5 star user)
-Monaco Baltimore a Kimpton Hotel ( 4 star / 4.5 star user)
-Pier 5 hotel (3.5 / 4.5 user)
-Hotel Brexton (2.5/4.5 user)
-Biltmore Suites Hotel ( 2.5 user)
-Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore ( 4 star / 4 star user)
-Fairfield Inn and Suites Baltimore (2.5 / 4 star user)
-Springhill Suites ( 3 /4 user)
-Renassiance Harborplace Hotel (4 / 4 star) Been here about 5 years ago, quite nice
Not sure about room serivce and jacuzzi.

What hotels in downtown Chicago have 2 person/jacuzzi tubs in-room?
Q. I'm looking to book a hotel in the downtown area of Chicago...do any of the major chains like Hilton, Embassy Suites, Marriott, etc. have 'suites' that include a tub/jacuzzi that accommodates 2 people?

A. Hotel Monaco 225 N Wabash Ave. has a Rock and Roll Suite with a 2 person jacuzzi tub or a Tranquility Suite with a 2 person sunken tub. The Allegro Hotel 171 W. Randolph St. also has a King Suite with 2 person Jacuzzi tub. These two hotels are Kimpton Hotels. Also, you could check with The Fairmont Chicago at 200 N Columbus Dr., they may have a few suites with "oversize" jacuzzi or whirlpool tubs. Don't know of any others downtown. China Doll Guest House in the Lincoln Park Area of Chicago has double Jacuzzis in all their rentals.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment