Sunday, April 14, 2013

What is the Gilt Restaurant at the New York Palace Hotel like?

Q. I am going to NYC in 2 weeks for my birthday and as a big fan of Gossip Girl, I want to go see the New York Palace Hotel and hopefully dine there. I looked up their Gilt Restaurant. I expect it to be expensive but how much? And the menu online only list a pre-fixed course menu. Is that all they offer or can I expect a wider variety of choices?

A. Hello & Happy Birthday!

GILT is a 2 Star Michelin rated restaurant. Chef's 3, 5, and 7 course pre-fixe and tasting menus highlight the Modern American cuisine, which is centered around seasonal offerings. The various menus range in price from $89 and up, however there is currently a pre-theatre dining option offered for 5:30pm and 6pm seatings that are completed by 7:30pm for $68 dollars per person. Alternatively many fans of the show choose to dine & visit GILT Bar, as memorable scenes between Serena and Blair were filmed on location and there are a variety of items on the GILT Bar menu such as Truffle Fries, seasonal flat bread pizzas, scallops, ceviche, etc. as well as an impressive house-made cocktail list and wine by the glass menu. When you arrive at The New York Palace you will recognize many scene locations, from the Courtyard to the Grand Lobby Staircase to GILT.

Where is the best location to sit to see Zumanity at New York New York in Vegas?
Q. I know this question is probably a long shot, but if anyone has seen Zumanity in LV at New York New York hotel please try to provide me an idea of the best seating, obviously closer is better, but is sitting up in 300 balcony horrible? Trying to save some $$$ Thanks!

A. I sat in the a sofa with my girlfriend and they were great. I also sat in the balcony and they were terrible. I would definately spend the money and buy orchestra seats. If you're paying to see a show, you may as well see it.

Has anyone stayed at the W New York Hotel on Lexington?
Q. I am booked to stay at the W New York Hotel but in reading many reviews and looking at pictures (other than the hotels own pictures) i have found out that it is a really bad hotel. One of my biggest concerns is the size of the rooms. I understand that they are amazingly small? Can anyone confirms this? Thanks

A. I stay there probably three times a month when I go to UN meetings and it is a great hotel. It's right in the middle of Times Square, go for it!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment