Monday, April 8, 2013

What is a fun resort or hotel to stay at in Big Bear, California?

Q. A group of 12 of us in our 20's and 30's are looking for a fun place to stay while skiing at Big Bear in California. We are looking for a place that caters to young people. Preferably a social place with a bar.

A. Up in Big Bear itself there really isn't anyplace that is large that caters to the younger crowd. What I would suggest though since you are skiing is this:

Right at the bottom of the slopes at Snow Summit are condos for rent. I can only imagine how great it would be to go with friends and be able to ski right to the patio door. Another plus with Snow Summit is that it has night skiing too!

One tip though, if you are planning on just skiing and nothing else, stick to Snow Summit, Bear Mountain is turning itself into a snowboard park (which is too bad, that's where I learned to ski and the trails are beautiful) and those jerks either cut ya off, get in your way, or just plain sit down in the middle of the run to rest and talk with their friends. Have fun!

Hotels in Big Bear Lake that accept under 18?
Q. Me and my friends want to go to Big Bear in a few weeks but we are all under 18. Are there any hotels that will let us stay there. And what if we pay up front so they wont think we will "trash and dash"?

A. Even when someone else makes the reservation the hotel usually asks to see an ID anyway. I traveled all over the US with friends before I was 18 (only a year ago lol). Go to www.hostelworld.com The most they ever ask for is a signed letter from your parents saying that you didn't run away. HAVE FUN!! Take lots of pictures and drive if possible!

Anyone know a lot about Big Bear? I am trying to plan a weekend trip but I've never been!?
Q. I'd like to plan a weekend trip to Big Bear to ski and I've never been there before... I've never been skiing before either. I'm looking for recommendations for a group of first time skiers - instructions or a fun class and also where to stay. I prefer upscale lodging with either a familiar hotel brand (Marriott, Hilton, etc) or cabin recommendations.

A. I stayed in a cabin. I would recommend it because you get more space and privacy. Plus, if you are going with your entire family, it might be cheaper than hotel rooms since you can cook yourself. I put one website example below. The people there are very kind and answer any questions promptly. I was at "Mile Long Cabin", (for four people) it was nice for its price and relatively close to the slopes.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment