Thursday, April 11, 2013

What is the best website for last minute cheap hotel deals in AZ.?

Q. My wife and I like to take spontaneous weekend trips and I typically use hotels.com but I was wondering if there are any niche sites that specialize in cheap weekend excursions or discount hotels with last minute specials etc. Can anyone recommend their favorite websites please?

A. Since you haven't mentioned the specific details of your desired destination, so in such a case i am going to provide you a better link through which you can easily check the details of all hotels with cheap price in terms of services and features as well, not only this although you can make direct bookings as well

http://www.hotels.beginbooking.com/BrowseByCountry.aspx?a_aid=14156

my mom and i are in desperate need of a nice but decently priced hotel in manhattan?
Q. for 2 days. we've tried all the hotel package deal sites and compared them to the room rates on the actual hotel website and we're really not getting a good deal. whats the best way to go about getting reasonably priced hotels in manhattan? should we 86 the travel websites and go through a travel agency?

A. Cassie suggested exactly what I was going to. call the hotels directly and speak to an agent and see if they can help you directly. If you belong to any associations they might be able to discount or if it is an off time, they might be able to discount. Don't call the 800 numbers for chains, try to get the direct number for the hotel in Manhattan.

edit: I just remembered... call the Hotel Larchmont. It is in Greenwich Village. Very decently priced but books quickly.. Only downside, is depending on the room you may have to share a common bathroom but if that doesn't bother you (can't remember if they have private bathrooms too) than this is a great option.

How do I request certain accommodations at a hotel?
Q. I recently booked a hotel with Hotwire. Since I only knew of the hotel after booking, it is not guaranteed that I will have the choice of bed that I want. I would prefer a king size to 2 double beds. How should I go about requesting this? Are there any tips/tricks to getting me what I want? Also, I am scheduled to check in on April 30 - when should I call, sooner or later? Thank you!

A. Most discounted hotel reservations are usually "you get what you get" kind of a deal, and can't really change much in terms of your accommodations. I find that if you actually take the time to call the hotel at which you're staying, you can request what kind of sleeping arrangements you'd like and they'd note it on your reservations. Once you get there, smile big and be friendly. Sounds obvious, but don't discredit the friendly and pleasant traveler. Mention when you check in that you had called in advance about the sleeping arrangements and if what you want is available. Do it nicely enough, and they may accommodate you. And if they don't have what you want, you can ask them if they'd let you know when something IS available and if they could move you. If you ask him to do this, make sure to ask if there is a fee for moving.

Another big tip, check in as close to your check in time as possible. The chances of you getting the room you want'll be greater.

Call as soon as you can!
Have fun!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment