Wednesday, April 17, 2013

What area should I stay in London?

Q. I'm planning a trip to London in Nov. This is my first time going and I would like some recommendations on areas to stay in. I've read the West End is good for 1st timers looking for a more touristy visit.

A. The West end would be pretty perfect for a first visit, as you'd be central and able to travel out to all the cool places like Camden Town, Greenwich, Notting Hill, South Bank, Hampstead Heath etc.

There's a wide range of budgets and types of hotels to choose from, but I'd recommend that you book asap because November is a very busy month for exhibitions/conferences in London and the rooms get booked very quickly! I've listed a few places below that you might want to try out. Hotels I'd recommend would be the Thistle chain, Strand Palace Hotel, City Inn Westminster, Club Quarters and Citadines chain...

Have fun!

Who can recommend any cheap accomodation in London for few days?
Q. Hallo, my girlfriend and me are going to London for couple of days. We are searching for any cheap accomodation (B&B, hostels etc.)
Would you be so kind and recommend us any good stay over night.
Many thanks

A. I guess it would depend upon the part of London where you'd like to stay.

Here's a hostel style cheap sleep:
http://www.easyhotel.com/

And, this one is an upscale budget hotel: (It looks rather interesting.)
http://www.base2stay.com/

They look promising. I haven't tried either one of those, though. So, I can't personally recommend them.

I have stayed at the Strand Palace Hotel a couple of times. It's not cheap, but it's the cheapEST in the central area--it's about a 5 to 10 minute walk to Trafalgar Sq.
http://www.strandpalacehotel.co.uk/

I have also personally stayed at a Comfort Inn. It's centrally located near Victoria Station and theatres. Don't let the web site pictures fool you, though. It's more basic than they show. Very drab and basic--old stained carpets and all of that. But, if you're staying a night or two, it's fair.
http://www.comfortinnvictoria.co.uk/

Have a great time!

What is your favourite street in London and why?
Q. London so cool because it is not built on a grid and so which is your favourite street and why?

A. The Strand- It's one of the oldest street in London and was used in Roman times. Its home to theatres, hotels, restaurants . It's close to Covent Gardens, Pall Mall, The Mall ( and Buckingham Palace) and it borders the Thames. There is a lot to do and see on the Stand or very close by.

For me it;s one of the most amazing places in London. I like to think I am walking where thousands of years of history have been made.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strand,_London




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment