Friday, April 19, 2013

What are the best places/spots in Greater Manchester for photography?

Q. I'm planning to visit Manchester and surrounding areas on a photography trip, to try some photography with my Nikon 3100 DSLR. Can anyone please give me some pointers to some nice places / towns where I can shoot some cool pics? Thanks.

A. Someone must have spat in poor guiri's beer once in our great city.....Any chance to knock us.......Based on what we ask?....GM is a varied place.....Have the cityscape of Manchester City Centre ( Town Hall/Albert Square, Midland Hotel, Corn Exchange (Triangle), Royal Exchange, Beetham Tower etc etc etc........) and Salford Quays etc......and country areas, out towards places like Haigh Hall, in Wigan, areas north of Bolton, Ramsbottom in Bury etc......NOT forgetting the Moors above Oldham and Ashton and Dunham, out by Altrincham....Heaton Park..... THE largest municipal park in Europe and just 10 minutes from the city centre?!! Even some unlikely places, like CURRY MILE, in Rusholme lend themselves to photographing surely? An area with 2.6 million IS a pretty varied place.....Try telling that to guiri in the spanish sun....Is very aging on the old skin though......!!

PEAK DISTRICT is CLOSE but NOT in GM as such.......

What are some nice hotels in Manchester where i could take my boyfriend for a romantic night away?
Q. Hi, i'm looking for a really nice hotel in Manchester, preferably close to the city centre where i could take my boyfriend to spend a romantic night.

A. malmaison, the midland hotel, the hilton hotel, the lowry hotel. the lowry is probably the most expensive but i think all of them are a bit pricey. you will probably be able to find nice ones which are cheaper but all the city centre hotels are expensive. i stayed in a cheap one once for £35, thats the cheapest i could find and it wasn't very nice, not the type of hotel to take your bf to anyway but to be fair i got breakfast in the morning. suppose you get what you pay for.

What is the price of afternoon tea at the Midland Hotel in Manchester?
Q. I would like to take my mum and dad out for afternoon tea at the Midland Hotel in Manchester. I know that it is in the Octagon Lounge but I cannot find anywhere which gives an idea of prices. Since I live in Belgium, I would like to know before hand so that I can budget for it. Any help would be great.

A. Here is an idea of prices and menus for the hotel.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment