Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Pet friendly hotels near sea world in san diego california?

Q. Does anybody know of a dog friendly hotel thats near sea world in san diego, california? It would also be nice if it could be close to the beach too. Thanks!

A. Here are a few to choose from...

Hampton Inn
http://www.resideo.com/us/california/sandiego/33944835.hotel

Doubletree
http://www.resideo.com/us/california/sandiego/89329778.hotel

Residence Inn
http://www.resideo.com/us/california/sandiego/76536608.hotel

La Valencia
http://www.resideo.com/us/california/lajolla/02486857.hotel


Good luck...hope that helps!

How do I convince my parents to get me a dog?!?
Q. OK, so there are a lot if questions like this.

But still. I really want a dog. And my parents don't. Here are the main reasons why:
-nobody will walk him in the morning (false, I have been getting up every day at 5:00 to go on a Jog)
-what about when I go to college? (I have found a dog friendly yet good college)
-money (I have saved up)
-I will stop taking care if my guinea pig (I will never stop loving her!).

So as you can see I have solved all the problems. I wanted to volunteer at an animal shelter, but you have to be at least sixteen, which is in two years. Also, my parents like to travel, but I have found good dog friendly hotels in most countries. (That are popular:England,France,Spain,etc.) I have written a report on the breed I want, and have tons of books.
What else do I need to do?
No rude comments, and please don't just say that "you have done everything you can"
THANKS!!!! :D

A. It seems like your parents' main concern is that after the thrill of a new dog wears off, they will end up taking care of it/paying for it. From your post I deduced that you are 14, right? So you are obviously growing up and have come to an age where you know what responsibility is. I first want to start out by giving you a rundown of what happened monetarily when I got a puppy. I thought, "hey, it's a puppy. What does he need toys? food? Shots? That's about it right?" WRONG. I got my puppy at 8 weeks old. He needed his first round of shots (I found one of those cheap vet clinics that does only vaccinations/spay and neuters, so it was much less expensive, and I suggest looking for one of those), his shots from the time I got him until his last round at five months old cost about $75 dollars. Before you get your dog, do some research about what vet you will be taking him to, and then find out the prices for the vaccinations that you might need (if you get an older dog, they might not actually need any vaccinations). Next your dog, no matter what age, will need at least a few training lessons. Puppies will need a good amount of training of course, but older dogs are often not trained properly, or can have some anxiety issues that need to be corrected by a professional. I took my pup to a 6 week course at PETCO for $100. But again, do research on the prices you expect to encounter before you get your pup. Then, I found out that my pup was allergic to the processed chicken that is in most dog foods, so I had to go with a more expensive food than I originally expected. Then, he accidentally swallowed a sewing needle. (I still can't believe it happened, but accidents do happen). That cost $2000 to have it removed, so you will need to have some extra emergency money set aside in case of an accident (allergic reaction to a bee sting, getting into chemicals, eating a toxic plant), so many things can happen that, realistically, probably won't but you need to be prepared because many emergency vets make you pay upfront before they help your pet, and you don't want to not get help because you don't have money. Then if you are going to get your dog fixed you should find out how much that will cost at your vet. Usually anywhere from $90 to $150, but again, I try to find those spay/neuter clinics because they do just as good a job for half the price. So far after a year of my puppy, including the $2000 medical bill, I've spent about $2775. Assuming you don't have medical bills, you should probably budget about $800/year for your dog. Now that sounds like a lot, but it will go down to just food and toy costs after the training and vaccinations are taken care of. So that's one big thing to think about is the actual calculated cost going into it. And if you do all the research I just suggested and show it to your parents, they might take you more seriously than just âI have money.â You should show them that you know the value of money and that you have done your research as to the most cost effective vets and trainers in your area.

Now, it sounds like you are a pretty responsible person, seeing as you get up in the morning to go jogging before school. And having a dog is another chance to prove to your parents that you are growing into a responsible adult, and want the chance to stretch your responsibility. One thing that you should keep in mind is that, if your dog needs training (which it most likely will no matter how old it is), your whole family has to be in on it. This means that if you want your dog to, for example, not jump on people when they come through the front door, your parents cannot let the dog jump on them while, when you come home, you make it sit down and be calm. If everyone in the house does not do the same training, then the training will fail. It's just a fact. You should present this idea to your parents as a way of showing that you have thought about how a dog will affect the whole family, not just you. Tell them that you want to respect that you are still living in their house, and that you are willing to do the majority of the work with the dog, but that you realize that it will affect them too and you want to be considerate. This should show your parents that you are thinking like an adult, that you are considering their feelings and therefore acting like an adult, and therefore have the capabilities to be responsible for the dog like an adult, even though, in their eyes, you are still a kid. (It's really hard for parents to see their children as adults, so it often takes just a calm, clear conversation with them that you want to be treated like a young adult, but this can only happen if you treat them the same way, not as your parents but as fellow adults).

Also, you might want to mention that since you have taken such good care of your guinea pig for so long, that it shows that you can be responsible for another living creature.

Any good hotels in the keys that are dog friendly?
Q. Hey, I might be going to Key Largo this summer and we have a Chihuahua we have to take with us. But my brother is somewhat allergic to dogs, so we need a dog friendly clean hotel to stay at! Thank you all! :)

A. The Marina Del Mar and Hilton are both nice pet-friendly options in Key Largo, FL. Check them out on BringFido.com and read reviews from other pet owners who've stayed there: http://www.bringfido.com/lodging/city/key_largo_fl_us/




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment