Wednesday, April 10, 2013

is it cheaper to book hotel with flight or seperate? I keep hearing different things.?

Q. I want to go to vegas and i heard that you will save money if you book hotel and flight together. But then the hotel says it's cheaper if you book directly with them..anyone know?

A. Its cheaper to book them together at like orbit or expedita. If you book with hotels directly it's more expensive. The hotels say its cheaper, but that's just because they want to make more money. I've checked with a hotel directly, and on line, and trust me its cheaper to book together.

what should I do about a travel agency that didn't book a hotel?
Q. About a month ago I called a travel agency to book hotel and airline tickets. I received a confirmation for the airline but not the hotel. After I called her the travel agent said she would take care of it we do have reservations. I've been calling her for over a week and she is not returning my calls. I called the hotel and they are all booked with no reservations under my name. What rights do I have.? What is my next step?

A. Did they charge your credit card for both or just the airfare? If they airfare part is ok, either cancel the whole thing and dispute the credit card charge, or keep the airfare part and book the rest yourself. Obviously if that hotel is booked you need to find another one ASAP, probably on your own... then go to the BBB website and file a complaint there. Main thing is to get your trip booked. Travel companies are known for being idiots so do what you have to do. But really there's no reason to use travel agencies anymore.

dboy

How to book hotels in Shanghai?
Q. I want to book a moderately priced hotel in Shanghai for a trip in June. What is the best, cheapest and safest way to do so? Can someone recommend me good reputable websites? I've never booked hotels online before. I've already bought the plane tickets from an agency but their fee is really high so I don't want to book hotels through them as well. Oh, I live in CANADA.

A. I trust and have booked hotels in China and around the world from these 2 websites.

http://www.elong.net
http://www.octopustravel.com

Although www.octopustravel.com is a major worldwide one, top end hotels to medium range one for the country in question, you will be able to get better deals with www.elong.net as it is a Chinese based one.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment