Friday, April 12, 2013

Is a housekeeping job at La Quinta hard work?

Q. I'm thinking about applying for a housekeeping position at La Quinta just to make a little extra cash (not to pay bills, just xtra) is it hard work? How much is the pay an hour? Has anyone ever worked as a housekeeper at a hotel can share their experience? Thank you!

A. I've been a housekeeper in a hotel. It's very physical changing sheets, making beds, vacuuming, cleaning sinks, tubs and toilets. Some rooms are trashed and that makes it hard. You have to keep up a pace to get all of the rooms done. I didn't like it when I had to clean an occupied room and the guest just sits and stares. Very uncomfortable. The day does go by pretty fast though. Good exercise. I guess I wouldn't call it really hard. There are much worse jobs. I've been a nursing assistant in a nursing home and that's really hard work.

How many entrances do these 2 hotels have?
Q. I am a military member who is visiting the jacksonville area. I am very cautious and like to know all the exits and entrances wherever I stay at just in case. I am deciding between either the La Quinta Inn Baymeadows, FL or the Red Roof Inn Southpoint, FL. How many entrances do these hotels have, are they ever watched. Where can I find floor plans for these hotels?

A. Try their web address. You will see a floor plan in each room and in the lobby. These are motels rather than hotels. Different layout.

What is your favorite pet friendly hotel?
Q. We decided to take a trip to florida this past week and take our little dog Saydee with us. I never knew how hard it would be to find a hotel that would accept pets. We finally found one in Fort Walton, and one in Lake City. I thought that it was really great that these hotel went out of their way to make pet lovers a little more acceptable in the hotel community. I think that we, as pet lovers, should speak out to the ones that do not allow our loving little babies to stay with us. Here is a big thanks to Red Roof Inn and La Quinta.

A. The AmericInn where I live is pet friendly, as is La Quinta. The La Quinta has a really friendly staff and is pretty clean... and has the lowest pet deposit (which they say is $25 per dog, but they never charge me.)

I've also stayed at a Towneplace Suites (a part of Marriot) which accepted dogs, was very clean, had a friendly staff, and even a kitchen.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment