Wednesday, April 3, 2013

If I book a car-hotel package deal on Expedia or Hotwire, do I have to pick up the rental car?

Q. The price is actually LOWER for the hotel rate if I book a car+hotel package but I don't really need a car. Will I get busted if I don't pick up the car and just go to the ho
Believe me. I have quadruple checked it via multiple online booking methods. It really is very surprising to me, too, which is why I am asking!

A. No, but I am a little sceptical that it is the cheapest way of getting your room!

Repeat your research to make sure...

What is a good site to find low rate hotels on?
Q. im looking to go to Toronto for a weekend in August and need to find a site where i an find lower rate hotels? any suggestions? also any suggestions on hotels?

Thank You

A. http://www.hotelscombined.com/?a_aid=20781

HotelCombined is the best hotel finder. Can you search by stars, price, most popular, and has a blog and comments
from users of Thousands Who Have Been in a specific hotel. Hotel combines compare prices between the most reliable travel agencies such as Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline and the websites of popular hotel chains Including the Intercontinental Hotel Group and many Others.

In China, is it normal to negotiate hotel/ servcd apartment rates?
Q. I am wondering if I can still negotiate the displayed rates of hotels in China. Im thinking of going to Shanghai and I want to stay in New Harbour Serviced Apartments in . It is a four star apartment hotel. Ive been to China and I know that bargaining is a common practice when buying. I am not sure if it is also applicable to hotel rates. If so, how low can I negotiate the hotel rate from the asking rate?

A. You can always try to bargain. It may or may not work and there is nothing to lose.

For hotels I usually pay the advertised rates. They are usually already discounted. I also search online for better rates with the English and also with the Chinese name. Within China there are also countless Chinese websites that give hotel discounts.

Once you are in lobby hotels have usually 2 rates, the displayed one, and one with a a fixed discount that everybody gets. It's hard to get more discount then that, if you are lucky they through in a free breakfast.

Some Mandarin will help, otherwise they may have no idea what you talk about.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment