Monday, April 15, 2013

How to make friends on this vacation?

Q. I am 16 (girl) and I am going to Cape May for 5 days on Wednesday. I'm just going with me and my dad and the hotel we are staying at isn't a resort (obviously) so I can't meet friends like are the hotel. The area is a walking distance to the little shopping area with restaurants and stuff. I just need to know how to approach strangers and how to know which people are best to talk too. I don't want to be intruding on someone's nice family vacation.

A. You wouldn't be intruding if you just want to get to know someone. I think you can pick out the right people you want to hang out with, if they look friendly go for it. Just introduce yourself and ask for their name⦠There are plenty of places to meet people!

Whats a good vacation spot in NJ next to the sea?
Q. We were thinking maybe Cape May,or North Wildwood,NJ...please tell me if you know any good hotels/motels /B&B,s must have exellent ocean view from room ,must allow dogs(one small well behaved chihuahua, not a barker,very friendly to all people and animals.)
I prefer smaller places to larger ones and secluded......so with this in mind ,any suggestions? Thanks!

A. Those are the two places I was going to tell you, cape may and wildwood...you can also check out sea bright or point pleasant

What are some nice beaches similar to Virginia Beach?
Q. my family went to virginia beach for 1 week last year and we loved it.

we live in northern new jersey.
the farthest south we will travel is virginia.
the farthest is Massachusetts.

what are some nice beaches that are similar to VB?
we wont hotel-like resorts.

we went to cape may but didnt like it--we like places with big hotels at the boardwalk as opposed to houses.

A. I grew up on Manasquan Beach, NJ and am very partial to it. Similar to Virginia Beach, I would say, would be Atlantic City and Ocean City, although Virginia Beach is tops in my mind. Further south I like Myrtle Beach and Atlantic Beach, FL, or any of those south of Jacksonville. Of course Malaga, Spain; Tangier, Morocco; and Santa Monica, CA are REALLY nice. As a retired Navy CPO I have seen them all.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment