Monday, April 1, 2013

How to get to hotel in Quebec from the airport w/o knowing how to speak fluent French?

Q. I want travel to Quebec city from Chicago, but I know very little French. I've visited Montreal before; thankfully people spoke French and English there, but I know Quebec is predominantly French.

Are there shuttle buses that will be able to drive me from the airport to my hotel or will I have to find a taxi? What should I do and say?

A. As a general rule, most people you deal with in Quebec City will be able to speak English. If you end up with a cab driver who doesn't speak English, they'll know the name of the place you're going to and be able to recognize it.

What is the best hotel in montreal to stay at?
Q. like, near places and what not. I'm going there to celebrate my 18th birthday and I want the ultimate stay!
Also like, the best bars or resteraunt etc.

A. The best hotel depends on what you want to get out of the experience. If you are coming to Montreal and just need a place to crash after you've been out partying all night, you probably just want a place that is quiet, clean, and safe.

On the other hand, if you are hoping the hotel stay is also fun, perhaps using the spa services, hotel room service, and want wifi available, then you will be looking for a different type of hotel.

And of course, for most people, the question of price will come into play. Hotels in Montreal are available starting from under CAD$90 per night, but can also go well over CAD$300 if you get a suite at a high-end hotel.

Here is one hotel I would love to stay at just because I'm into the modern look, and it looks like a place you might like being an 18yr old. The "W" hotel is centrally located just southeast of the downtown bar/club scene, and just northwest of the Old Port tourist section. Great food and drinks available going in either direction, and easy access to the subway.
http://www.starwoodhotels.com/whotels/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=1471

A couple of others that you may want to consider, as I know they are clean and centrally located are the Maritime Plaza Hotel on Guy Street, and the Nouvel Hotel and Spa on Rene Levesque Boulevard. I can't tell you about the service or costs though, only that I have had business contacts stay there and they were very happy with those hotels.
http://www.hotelmaritime.com/
http://www.lenouvelhotel.com/

Some hotels also have policies that expect you to pay by credit card, and some want only 21 years and older in their rooms as they think younger people may be disruptive and cause problems in the hotel. I would call or email the hotel you decide on to see if they have any such policy.

Which hotel in Montreal is the hottest/hippest?
Q. I am looking to go a weekend in downtown Montreal and I would like to book a very trendy hotel.

My main preferences are:
- the bathroom having a large standing shower;
- really downtown, as in I park my car on arrival and only take it again when I leave for home;

I was looking at hotel sites but they rarely go in details of what I want to know.

I have been at the W Hotel and loved it. Looking to try a different one.

A. Not really sure of the showers but a good choices for hip, chic, swanky and close to everything is the Hotel Gault. It;'s in old Montreal and not too far a walk to the Metro (subway). Click on "rooms' on their website and you read about the named choices.

A second choice for me would be Le Relais Lyonnais which my sister stayed at and was delighted with. It's in the so-called Latin Quarter, really close to the Metro and has something called "Rain Showers" that may be what you're after.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment