Thursday, April 25, 2013

How much money should I bring for my trip to Japan?

Q. Some friends and I are planning on making a good 3 month long trip to Japan. We are considering backpacking to save on hotel fee's, but aren't ruling out the possibility. Are there any hostels in Japan?

How much money should each person plan on bringing to support themselves for the whole trip?

A. Coming over, eh? I've been here for 3 years now, and I can't really say how much you'll need. It depends on what you plan to do.
Japan does indeed have hostels. They're pretty cheap. THere are also places called pod hotels, where you basically slepp in a pod, and everything else is communal. Those run about $30-35 a night. There are also comic book/relaxation stores that let people sleep there for free. They have showers, but not much else. I recommend Japanhotels.net to get a good idea of how much a room will run you. So, estimate about $50 a day for lodging.
You can actually eat pretty cheap in Japan, if you like ramen and cheap sushi. I'd say about $50 a day for food.
The train isn't that bad, depending on how far you go. Estimate about $10-$40 a day for travelling.
If you plan on drinking, uh....bring a lot of money. Drinks at most places cost you about $7-$15. And almost all clubs make you leave if you don't have a drink in your hand at all times.

I know I wasn't too specific, but I hope that helps you gauge how much you'll need . Good luck, man.

.

What is the nicest hotel to stay at in NYC, in the times square area.. that is under or around 250$ per night?
Q. Please only answer from experience of having been at the particular hotel.. Im able to look on expedia, and on sites for prices.. I want peoples personal experience of where they have stayed and what is nice and affordable -- thank you

A. Rates at NYC hotels can change a lot depending on the day of the week, and the surrounding factors. Such as holidays, special events, conventions, ect ect.

But recently I stayed at the Royalton for 245$ a night. Got upgraded to a deluxe room on the top floor. It was awesome! Very close to time square-- about a 10 or less min walk to the heart of the time square action.

However, the last time I tried to get a room at the Royalton it was 450$ a night.

FYI, AVOID THE POD AS MENTIONED ABOVE. Total dump.

What are my rights concerning property stolen from my vehicle when in the possesion of a valet service?
Q. I recently used a valet service while attending a conference at the Waldorf Astoria in New York City, When my car was returned I was missing close to $500.00 dollars worth of property @ pair of oakley sunglasses, an i Pod, etc... I filed a police report, and submitted a claim to the parking service company which they denied stating that they do not accept liability for personal Items left in the vehicle and stated that this is printed on the back of the ticket. Is there legally any truth to this?

A. If liability waivers had any value, lawyers would starve! That said, however, I don't think you need one in this case. Here's what I'd do:

Write a brief (one-page) letter to valet company outlining the facts just as you have here, asking for remuneration of $500 for missing property. Include an itemized list of replacement values.

Say you're considering filing a complaint with the Manhattan Better Business Burea with copies to various hotels and tourism and visitors outlets in the city to let them know how this particular service treats a good customer. Explain, too, that you travel a great deal for business and that your company as well as your clients would no doubt be pleased to receive a first-hand warning against this particular valet outfit.

Add that you look forward to hearing from company and that while you await word from police, you are reviewing legal options with an atty.

Valet company would probably rather pay than live through the hell you could indeed rain on them in a competitive business environment like Big Pomme. Works for me ... sometimes.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment