Tuesday, April 16, 2013

How much the cost to ride a taxi from Millennium Biltmore Hotel to The Grove?

Q. I wll go to LA in late december and I will stay at Millennium Biltmore. I'm thinking of taking my family to go to The Grove by taxi since I don't drive. I'm open for any suggestion!

A. taking a taxi in Los Angeles is very expensive here's the fare chart I got from the city of Los Angeles

Fares (ordinances 177843 & 178050 , effective 10/01/06 and 12/25/06)

All Passengers Ride for Price of One

1. $2.65 Flag drop (First 1/7th mile).

2. $0.35 For each additional 1/7th mile ($2.45 per mile).

3. $0.35 For each 47.5 seconds waiting time and/or traffic delay ($26.53 per hour).

4. $42.00 Flat fare for trips between LAX and downtown.

Area bounded by Alameda St., Santa Monica Fwy., Harbor Fwy., Cesar E. Chavez, Union Station and Chinatown.

5. $2.50 Surcharge for all trips originating at LAX.

6. $15.00 Minimum fare for trips originating at LAX (In addition to the $2.50 surcharge)

I suggest you can take public transit (in fact from the Biltmore
its just one bus you can catch this bus at 5th/ Grand
Line 16 Or 316) and it will take directly to the grove
for $1.25 per person
or you can get a day pass for $5.00

Please someone tell me about the surroundings at Millennium Biltmore Hotel Los Angeles?
Q. As a first timer visitor to Los Angeles, is it ok to stay at this hotel?

A. It's a beautiful historic building. It's older so my guess is the actual hotel rooms are on the small size (I've been in the restaurants and lobby but not the rooms).

The hotel is right next to Persuing Square in downtown LA. It's more of a business area than a tourist area. LA doesn't close down as much as it use to but it's still pretty quite after 7pm and on weekends. LA Live is a quick taxi drive away. The LA County Library which is another great historic building is right near by. Beyond that there isn't much.

Is it ok to stay here? sure
Is it going to be the best place for what you want? no way to know since you didn't tell us anything about your visit.

Where can I find night time photos of BILTMORE hotel in Coral Gables?
Q. I've been wanting for so long to see any photos of it to make sure that what I saw almost two decades ago was indeed the lighted top of the hotel and not a UFO!!!!

I have seen many photos of it but during daylight and not the top anyway!

A. Here ya' go...

http://www.cruisemates.com/images/biltmore.jpg

http://i.pbase.com/g4/11/179711/2/62966498.3hEdPxHi.jpg

http://k43.pbase.com/g4/11/179711/2/62968482.mgz0snxo.jpg

http://i.pbase.com/u21/nestorduran/upload/36639807.BILMOREHOTEL.jpg

http://k53.pbase.com/g5/17/628717/2/67997104.Wggz2WMB.jpg




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment