Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Disco in Dublin for over 30?

Q. Hi there, my friends and I would like to enjoy a disco night in Dublin this weekend. How to avoid the crowd of students and amazing Lolitas whom competition is embarrassing? Is Friday night better than Saturday night? Do over30 Dubliners use to go dancing? Where? Thank you very much.. Solange

A. Yes, we go dancing!! You could always go to Club Nassau, on the corner of Nassau street, near the Blarney pub. But get there about 11 because you have to queue to get in.

Also, the Arlington hotel on the quays has all ages in it. The few times I've been there I've either had some of the best nights ever, or taught the place was a total kip, in other words...not the most classy of places.

Also try the Harcourt Hotel, in Harcourt street.

But you should have a great time no matter where you end up

Friday, Saturday, Sunday are all good.

Anyone know some similar artists to these?
Q. Just wondering if anyone out there knows some similar artists to:
Damien Rice
Ray LaMontagne
John Butler Trio
G. Love and Special Sauce
Mason Jennings
Ben Harper
John Mayer
Jack Johnson....

I think you get the idea. Please help.
Those are all great answers btw... but i need a bunch of artists. like a whole bunch. good job though.

A. If it's just male vocalists you're looking for then check out:
Paolo Nutini
Jeff Buckley
James Morrison
Glen Hansard (not just stuff from Once with Marketa Irglova but some of his other stuff including The Frames)
Aqualung
Luke Rials
Ben Harper
Aaron Rothe
Dashboard Confessional
Ryan Adams
Rocky Votolato
Dallas Green/City & Color
Bell X1
Josh Ritter
Iron & Wine
The Shins
Bright Eyes/Conor Oberst
Elliot Smith
Sufjan Stevens
Alexi Murdcoch
Fionn Regan
The Delays
Matt Costa
Amos Lee
Xavier Rudd
Josh Rouse
Matt Pond PA
Ben Kweller
Neva Dinova

Hope you like them!

(EDIT: If it's a big list you want then it is a big list that you shall have:

Adrienne Grey
David Kitt
José González
Tom Petty
Sia
Brendan Benson
Aimee Mann
Brett Deneen
Joe Purdy
John Mayer
Colbie Caillat
Joseph Arthur
Jamie Cullum
Imogen Heap (also Frou Frou)
David Gray
Bob Dylan
Scott Matthews
Acceptance
The Shins
Absinthe Glow
Actionreaction
Dennison Witmer
Dave Matthews
Bic Runga
The 6ths
Ron Sexsmith
Amy MacDonald
Eels
Katie Melua
Great Lake Swimmers
Rilo Kiley
Adele
Ben Kweller
The Weakerthans
onlinedrawing
Sarah Machlachlan
Songs: Ohia
Kimya Dawson
Regina Spektor
Joshua Radin
Corrine Bailey Rae
Beck
Neko Case
Tom Waits
Beth Orton
Antony & The Johnsons
Tristan Prettyman
Eagle Eye Cherry
I Can Make A Mess Like Nobody's Business
Daniel Powter
The Perishers
Alexa Wilkinson
Jeremy Enigk
AJ Rafael
Cat Power
The Big Sleep
Wilco
Gary Jules
Newton Faulkner
Death Cab for Cutie
Eva Cassidy
Animal Liberation Orchestra
Kevin Devine
Howie Day
The Decembrists
Emiliana Torrini
Belle & Sebastien
Tom McRae
Emmylou Harris
Fiona Apple
Serj Tankian
Rufus Wainwright
Ben Folds
Marc Broussard
Ed Harcourt
KT Tunstall
Jens Lekman
I Love You But I've Chosen Darkness
Hank Williams
Okkervil River
Richard Thompson
Alex Kaneko
Tegan & Sara
The Weepies
Calexico
Kings of Convenience
Jack Johnson
Devendra Banhart
Yo La Tengo
Pedro The Lion
Donovan
Billy Bragg
Animal Collective
Damien Jurado
The Good Life
Badly Drawn Boy
Will Sturgeon
The College Life
Dublin Stu
A Million Engines in Neutral
Dustin Kensrue
Norah Jones
Ben Gibbard (also check out some of his Death Cab stuff)
Lisa Loeb
Leonard Cohen
Neutral Milk Hotel
Neil Young
Joni Mitchell

I'm getting bored now so going to leave you with this!!)

Has anyone been to Dublin, Ireland?
Q. I live in Germany so airfare isn't a big deal. However, I am military and due to the nature of my job, I don't get to take leave that often so I wanna make this a good trip. I have searched the internet and talked to travel agents and find the prices a little high. I believe I could find better prices, I just haven't talked to the right person yet. Also, I would like to be at a hotel near everything, so if anyone could tell me where they stayed, and if they were happy with the service/price that would be great. Thanks....P.S. I know things are gonna cost a bit, but the prices I have been getting are horrible, oh, and I want to go around 01May-05May if that helps. Thanks again.

A. I am from ireland and have lived here my entire life. It really is a beautiful country full of fun-loving and nice people. You should check out Ryanair.ie for cheap flights. Stephens green is in the city center and would be a good location to stay. But being in the center of the city and on the south side it could be expensive. I suggest the camden court hotel, the harcourt hotel or Stauntons on the green- guest house. They provide a good service for a reasonable price. While you are in our beautiful city i suggest you try and get to a hurling or GAA football match. And if you can get the oppertunity maybe try to get out of the city for a while and head down the country to Galway or Cork for a really great experience. I really hope you have a good trip :)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment