Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Could some recommend me what areas should I be searching for a decent hotel in London?

Q. I'm visiting London in Nov. However, I am having hard time to search for a decent hotel to stay. I have never been to London, I would like to know what areas should I be searching for. I am looking for a location which is centrally located. Easy to travel to difference attractions, convenience transportation to places. Please recommend me some areas or neighborhoods.

A. I disagree with the person suggesting County Hall. Might be great for day time or when the Eurostar was arriving in Waterloo...but I would not recommending the area if you plan to come back to your hotel room in the evening.

I would suggest you go there:
http://www.hotelcomparator.co.uk/

Select London, and then among the hotel result, you've got:

"Show hotels near", Scroll down (down) and select Popular area: Piccadilly Circus (don't worry, you won't be staying in the dirty noisy part of the West End), but it will give you a nice selection of hotels which are walking distance from everything including central line (nice to go to Liverpool street and get the stansted express to the airport) and the piccadilly line for Heathrow or even King's Cross for Gatwick.

Hotels like The St Gilles (Midrange)behind the dominion theatre y very affordable and conveniently located for everything.

The Strand Palace (upper midrange) hotel is a short walk from the London Eye and Waterloo Bridge but the Right side of the river ! :)

Going a bit higher price, Number one Aldwych or the Waldorf Hilton are also very conveniently located to access the Sommerset house, covent garden, and not too far from Trafagar Square or even Russel Square (British Museum)

Wishing you a lovely stay, and I hope I've helped :)

http://www.hotelcomparator.co.uk
http://www.planetlondon.tv/

Is there a hotel in London (by Nat Hist Museum) which will allow 2 adults and 3 children to share one room?
Q. HI we want to visit London but can't find a hotel which will allow us to stay in one room. The children are 4, 6, and 8 years old. Any recommendations?

A. You could try renting a room a few tube stops or a 30 minute walk at the Astor Museum Hostel, next to the British Museum. Not bad money either, but you'll have to book ahead. You might all sleep in twin beds, but you can probably get a room for all of you with one or two beds to spare. If not there, try for other family rooms at hostels. Not the chicest places to stay, but good bang for the buck in a city that will eat your dollars alive. Have a great time, and be sure to visit the London Transport Museum in Covent Garden-very hands-on and very fun for all ages!

Where can I find apartment hotels in London?
Q. I'm going to uni in september 2006 and my parents + uncle are coming with me so they need to stay somewhere obviously. they want to stay in an apartment hotel for about one week.

Can you guys please tell me names of Apartment Hotels near Waterloo or a place where I can get to Waterloo easily through the tube?

Names, details, website, phone etc of the hotels would be appreciated or even a general website which can give me useful information on a range of apartment hotels.

Thanks

A. You can check at :
http://www.citadines.com/serviced_apartments/europe.htm

They have apart hotels in London in:
- South kensington,
- Trafalger square
- Covent garden,
-Barbican




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment