Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Cheapest ways to travel to Britain and Ireland?

Q. I want to go on a vacation possibly next summer of 2011 if not then, the next summer to the UK and Ireland for about 2 - 3 weeks. What are the cheapest ways to fly from Toronto (Pearson Airport) to London (Heathrow)? Cheapest hotels? And any more details you can supply me with! I'd really appreciate the most detailed answer possible! Thank you!

A. I'd stick to Air Canada if I were you. You might save a bit of money on the budget airlines like Air Transat but their punctuality etc is appalling. If you're intending to do a lot of travel around England, Wales and Scotland I'd sugest a Britrail Pass which you must purchase before arrival in the U.K.
These are really good value passes and you'll see a lot as you travel. Our rail network is dense and frequent - very different to Via Rail www.britrail.com
www.nationalrail.co.uk for timetable information

Where can I find a rather cheap hotel in london?
Q. I've been trying to look for a cheap hotel in London for a mini-break over the summer. All of the cheaper ones I've found seem to be on the outskirts of London, does anyone know where I can find one, preferably in the city center?

A. I would download this free application: http://www.myshoppingenie.com/cheapstuff basically what this app does is every time you search for a product on google/yahoo/bing, it will automatically search the whole internet for the cheapest price of what you are looking for. I got cheap travel tickets an awesome prices using it. Check it out! it hasn't disappointing me so far. Let me know if you need anything else. it will also search amazon, ebay, and craigslist. you can also try expedia

How do I find cheap hotel during London 2012 Olympic?
Q. Hi all,

I am going to the London Olympics. I have just booked my flight. I canât seem to find cheap hotels online, the only cheap accommodation I found are shared dorm in hostels. I have thought about booking a hotel online, at the very last minutes or when I get to London.

If anyone has any idea where or how I can get cheap hotel, please let me know.

Regards

A desperate Tom

A. Dear Tom,

Iâve recently booked a place with RoomGeek.com for £43 a night. As far as I know most of RoomGeekâs accommodations have signed up to the UK Fair Pricing & Practice Charter. I would recommend you look for accommodations that have sign up to the UK Fair Pricing & Practice Charter, so you know your accommodation has agreed not to inflate their price during the Olympic.

Other things you can look for to get cheap hotel are:
â¢Donât just look for hotels, there are lot of cheap B&B, youth hostels and guest houses and even renting with a family in London.
â¢Contact the hotels directly. With smaller hotels you can negotiate the price, especially if you going in a group.
â¢Think about booking accommodation outside of London, however make sure you use a direct train to the Olympic Park.

Hope it has help
Alistair




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment