Sunday, April 7, 2013

Can an extended stay hotel be considered a residence?

Q. If I want to get a driver's license in another state, can I use my room at an extended stay hotel as my residence? I know that some people have been here for more than a year and they get their mail here.

A. It would depend on the particular laws of that state and how long you have to live there to establish residency. In general though, an extended stay hotel isn't much different than an apartment as far as the government is concerned.

My husband is staying at one of those extended stay hotel suites for the next couple weeks for work? Do most?
Q. My husband is staying at one of those extended stay hotels for the next couple of weeks for work, I trust him, but I am worried about other people (business women) who may get lonely while working away who are in the same hotel. The hotel is geared towards business people for extended stays. Is sex among the people staying there very common?

A. I lived in an extended stay hotel for almost 2 months.... bc i had just moved to a new city and my apt wasn't ready....In these hotels there are mostly business men....rarely did i see a woman who didn't have a family with her....exteneded stay hotels don't have a lobby, cafe, or swimming pool or excercise room... YOU HAVE NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT...

these hotels have a mini kitchen inside of each hotel room.... the only time you leave your room is if you need something from the front desk or if you are going to your car....there is no way to meet other people....the houskeepers come when you aren't there...In my 2 months there.. i didn't meet anybody.. just the workers at the desk and their are usually 2 workers...

What are some extended stay hotels or weekly rate hotels in alberta canada ?
Q. What are some extended stay hotels or weekly rate hotels in alberta canada ?
And do any allow pets ?

A. Weekly rates for hotels are often times not published

extended stay america - call and ask of their long term lodging rates (not published)

this article has important sites and information of interest for budget travelers
Http://stuff4you.hubpages.com/hub/Budget-travelers-guide

it would easily say right on the website of a hotel whether or not they allow pets, possibly on the description for it on a reservation site as well.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment