Friday, April 12, 2013

Best time to book a room at Rio in Las Vegas?

Q. I'm going to Las Vegas the first week of August. Getting there Sunday and leaving Thursday.

Rio hotel has a suite now for about $80 a night. Should I book it now or wait a little longer?

A. If you like the rate, you should book it now. Unlike air reservations, you always have the ability to cancel your room, or change the room if the rate drops. As long as you do it at least 3 days prior to check-in.

Book the room now, and then check the rates from time to time and if the room rate drops they will rebook it for you.

Is this worth the $20 a night at Rio Hotel in Las Vegas?
Q. Rio Hotel is offering me a tower suite with strip view for extra $20 a night.

Is it worth it just to be up higher and have a view of the strip?

I heard the rooms are basically the same.

A. I like the Rio but wouldn't pay it. I don't know about you, but I don't spend much time in my room. And, when I do, I'm sleeping.

Vegas Hotel Says No If Attending a Convention?
Q. Ok - so what's the deal with this caveat on Southwest and United Airlines vacation sites: Guests attending a convention cannot use this property for their stay.

Received this message when trying to book the Rio hotel for a conference I'm attending. Can the hotel actually 'tell' whether I'm attending the conference? How would they ever know?
One thing I failed to mention - I was late registering for my conference, and the last available hotel has received a great number of poor reviews.

A. People attending a convention will get a discount on rooms at certain hotels. They are just saying you will not get a convention discount or perks that a convention sometimes provide.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment