Thursday, April 4, 2013

Any haunted places in or around big bear city, california?

Q. I like goin out with friends and finding "haunted" places. But I can't find anything up here in big bear. If anyone can let me know of any rumors or places you haves seen in or around big bear, california???

A. I live in Big Bear, And there used to be this one hotel like place in Boulder Bay, A part of Big Bear But they knocked it down...:/

How to remove fear for sliping alone in hotels at night?
Q. I feel Afraid while sleeping alone at night specially in hotels. Lots of faerfull thoughts come in my mind like ghost and all. How can i remove it as i have a touring job and have to sleep alone in hotels.
Sorry to miss spell. I mean to say sleep.

A. Okay, I have heard too many times about this, that someone, an adult, is afraid to sleep alone in hotel room. I am still actually wondering why the fear, since I thought this is part of the fun, of traveling. My close friends, my colleagues, from the 20's up to almost 50 years, still the same fear. I don't face the same problem, probably because I have been sleeping alone (at home) since I was 8. So, I am not sure if MY WAY will work to those who grew up in a very different environment, upbringing. Nevertheless, just try, nothing to lose, anyway.

1. My God is always bigger than the rest of the world, including my fear.

Sorry for being a bit religious, but this is the fact. This is my way of assuring myself that nothing bad is going to happen if I surrender everything to Him. I survived one of the horrifying intrusion in my room (at home) because of Him, I prayed the intruder wouldn't hurt me, and he didn't. Oh, sorry, unrelated story. Anyway, that's the whole point. God will take care of you.

2. Be sure the room is safe before settling down

Better be a bit paranoid than sorry when something bad already happened, right? First, when entering any room, check the room thoroughly. The bathroom, cupboard, bed, desk, everything. Make sure no one is hiding there. Hehehe...and no unwanted animals or devices inside the room. Once inside the room, make sure the door is double locked, every connecting door also properly locked. Gives you peace of mind, or maybe a bit.

3. No empty bed, or chair

By that I mean, if you happen to have 2 beds in the room, put your luggage on the other bed. That way you won't be imagining someone is lying there. Do the same on a king size bed. Too big you won't occupy the whole space. So, the unoccupied space, put anything there, you books, laptop, magazine, or even your used clothes. Empty, unoccupied space always a good source of ridiculous thoughts. And the chair, always remember to put them back in before going to sleep. I don't think I need explain why, right? Do the same to your sofa (if you have any in the room).

4. Do NOT, I repeat, DO NOT, EVER read or watch ghost stories, homicide (that involves murder in hotel room, hehe) during the stay

Chance is, simply, you'll have a much more creative mind, creating horror, monsters, ghost, spirits, murders...in your room. You are alone, so act like one! Watch happy, funny movies, stories, read romance books if you bring any. And, dear, if you have to buy gift dolls or teddy bear, save the shopping till the last day, will you? These simple objects might do your fear great harm if you are already suffering from this phobia. Maybe, watching news is not that good for you. :)

5. Utilise your time alone in the room to the fullest.

Thanks.

The best place to take kids for snow in SoCal?
Q. My husband and I want to make a trip to the "snow." We've never actually been to the snow except through school activities when we were younger. My 8-year old has been dying to see the snow and we'll be taking her and our 16-month old as well. We would like to plan a weekend trip but have no idea where to start, what kind of activities to do, or where to stay. We know there's Big Bear, Mountain High, and Mammoth but I'm at a total loss when I go to their website. Help please! TIA!

A. If you just want to go out for a day of snow fun, I would point you to the Palm Springs Aerial Tramway. It's an amazing place, a winter wonderland up there.

But, if you want to go away for a weekend, I don't see much to do up there to fill an entire weekend. Perhaps Big Bear is a better place for that. You can learn how to ski or snowboard, there are shops, problem is in the ski areas, you can't play with the snow.

Mammoth is awesome also, if you don't mind the drive. You can rent a cabin up there, or stay at one of the many hotels. Definitely more snow and better quality snow also than Big Bear.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment